When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP T3

Hi All

Finally completed my T3 project, the watch I have wanted in my collection for a long time.

This is made up of 3 different T3 watches and was really not an easy task.

First I purchased a T3 from Paul as he had the correct size case with a seconds @9.00 movement and correct screws in the crown guards.

2nd purchase was a T3 from King with the new seconds at 12.00 movement with a small incorrect case (53mm), and 3rd was a local purchase as it had the

correct hands and charcoal grey dial with black sub dials. (very lucky with this one)

The seconds at 12.00 movement was fine for transplanting the correct dial and hands no problem so far, and the movement

was serviced at this time.

When the movement was fitted into the correct size case this was the first problem it was a little to thick due to the correctly recessed date wheel on the seconds at 12.00 movement so in order to accomodate the movement I had to make a .5mm rubber gasket between the watch and the case back in order to give enough space for the auto wind to work, and also adjust the movement retaining ring in order to fix the retaining screws.

OK so far, but the next problem the crown stem also did not line up with the movement due to the depth of the case. I had to drill out a new hole for the crown and stem and fill the existing hole with metal filler.

(This cannot be seen as the crown covers the modification.)

Then I could not use the existing crown stem as it was to short so I had to purchased a new stem form the UK

FINALLY i bought a genuine strap to complete the exercise

This was not an easy task but I am pleased with the end result, but please do not attempt this crazy mod unless you have a lot of patience !!!!!!!

Thanks for looking

Richard

Congratulations for your excellent work , really fantastic

Enjoy it

Hi All

Finally completed my T3 project, the watch I have wanted in my collection for a long time.

First I purchased a T3 from Paul as he had the correct size case with a seconds @9.00 movement and correct screws in the crown guards.

2nd purchase was a T3 from King with the new seconds at 12.00 movement with a small incorrect case (53mm), and 3rd was a local purchase as it had the

correct hands and charcoal grey dial with black sub dials. (very lucky with this one)

The seconds at 12.00 movement was fine for transplanting the correct dial and hands no problem so far, and the movement

When the movement was fitted into the correct size case this was the first problem it was a little to thick due to the correctly recessed date wheel on the seconds at 12.00 movement so in order to accomodate the movement I had to make a .5mm rubber gasket between the watch and the case back in order to give enough space for the auto wind to work, and also adjust the movement retaining ring in order to fix the retaining screws.

OK so far, but the next problem the crown stem also did not line up with the movement due to the depth of the case. I had to drill out a new hole for the crown and stem and fill the existing hole with metal filler.

Then I could not use the existing crown stem as it was to short so I had to purchased a new stem form the UK

This was not an easy task but I am pleased with the end result, but please do not attempt this crazy mod unless you have a lot of patience !!!!!!!

Thanks for looking

Richard

Ditto on the praise of the excellent work. I have to do this sometimes for my SMP upgrades. I have a gen T3 dial that I'll probably never get around using since this project is so far down my list and parts are so hard to obtain.

-bosk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All

Thanks for looking

Richard

Great job!

Please, is this the item from Paul with correct size case?:

http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=2578

Thanks in advance.