When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Worth it to get refurbished WM9 Submariner?

clkcadet

I know this is as close as it gets as far as reps go, but physically is this model worth getting? Will I have any problems with it or will they claim it might come with tiny dings then see huge gashes all over the watch?

I sold my modded SSD, and I have a pam 177 now that I dont think really suits me. You cant go wrong with a Rolex so I would like this WM9 Sub (I love perfection) or a GMT IIC (stainless).

Any advice is welcome, and thanks in advance!

I've just bought one second hand from another member, it should be here sometimes late this week hopefully. I think it has a slightly loose bezel, and also some marks on the case back, so they're things that I could personally put up with. When it is here I'l write article on the fit and finish etc.. so that might be of some help hopefully.

Buying a refurbished WM9 comes down to one question. How good are you at dealing with some slight imperfections. If you're doing mods, etc, it's a good deal. Otherwise, you might be better off with a new WM9 v2 from some one like BK. Then you know it will be perfect.

I know this is as close as it gets as far as reps go, but physically is this model worth getting? Will I have any problems with it or will they claim it might come with tiny dings then see huge gashes all over the watch?

I sold my modded SSD, and I have a pam 177 now that I dont think really suits me. You cant go wrong with a Rolex so I would like this WM9 Sub (I love perfection) or a GMT IIC (stainless).

Any advice is welcome, and thanks in advance!

I got one, and the only things that were wrong was the fitting of the end links, the lume wasn't great, and the safety clasp didn't quite close properly (problems on any WM9, I imagine). The watch was as new.

YMMV, but that is the one I got.