When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 5th Gen Po 42.5 Mm With New Dial ?

melvin.x

Hi folks !

Just browsed a bit on Pauls ( or who ever ) new site www.wo-mart.com and saw that he has new pics of the 42.5 mm PO. They say it´s a new 5th gen with a different dial that especially fixes the logo placement.

Here´s a pic. Looks like the watch is quite perfect now ( besides the pearl ) ...

101228-26240.jpg

Did anyone get a 42.5 mm PO from Paul recently ?

Greetings

DJ

Bythor!!! Where are you???

It looks to be the same watch as the 4th Gen with just the logo raised that 0.005mm. Now it looks to be 0.0025mm too high. :lol:

But who really cares? It's not even visible. The hands are still too small (3rd Generation was better in that department).

Here's the 4th Gen logo placement compared to the real 42.5mm one. Personally, I always found this "flaw" completely meaningless.

102062-26003.jpg

HE looks a little low.

HE placement is exact on the 4th Gen. Perfect. I don't know why people say it's off because it's not. I have compared the gen and rep side-to-side and there's absolutely no difference. HEV is lower on PO compared to standard SMP line. I believe this watch has it right too, it appears to be the exact same rep as the 4th Gen (save the logo placement).

Gen:

102063-26002.jpg

I agree, logo placement is not a big issue (even though, sometimes in few watches, is really too low).

They could improve that awful bracelet with huge gap between second and first link.

I'm looking for a decent PO bracelet (not genuine..of course too expansive).

I bought a rubber strap for the 42mm version (genuine) with genuine buckle from a member at RWI. I haven't received yet the PO (black insert/white numeals) but after seeing pics, I' think this is far the best duo for the Planet Ocean. But at Offrei genuine strap + buckle is near 200 USD!!! :blink: I had a good deal and paid less than 50%, but going ofr a new one is maybe worthless.

PS: Thanks bytor to come!!! :group:

I bought a rubber strap for the 42mm version (genuine) with genuine buckle from a member at RWI. I haven't received yet the PO (black insert/white numeals) but after seeing pics, I' think this is far the best duo for the Planet Ocean. But at Offrei genuine strap + buckle is near 200 USD!!! :blink: I had a good deal and paid less than 50%, but going ofr a new one is maybe worthless.

PS: Thanks bytor to come!!! :group:

Strap is a alternative solution but i definitely prefer bracelet.

I'm also looking for a nice strap but it can't replace a bracelet.

Genuine omega strap are gorgeous but too expansive, i think i'll pull the trigger on one of these Hirsch:

http://www.watchband.biz/pi1401303088.htm?categoryId=13

This also tempts me as well.

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B556%3B232...597%3A726nu0mrj

I dunno... the bracelet and hands were better in the 3rd Gen that I briefly owned.

102138-25976.jpg

But face it: 4th Gen can be modified to be 99% accurate. It's excellent replica and the bracelet and hands don't even bother me the slightest. Nobody will ever notice. It's fundamentally a great replica and that's enough for me. It's one of those reps that makes me feel 100% comfortable wherever I wear it.

Go for this new one if you don't yet own the 4th Gen. The logo is probably positioned a little better on this "new" rep. But it's not a "5th Gen", it's the same watch. They have just moved the logo (which makes me think the factories are reading these boards... or at least receive our feedback through the dealers).

I agree, logo placement is not a big issue (even though, sometimes in few watches, is really too low).

They could improve that awful bracelet with huge gap between second and first link.

I have the 4th Gen PO also. That bracelet gap is terrible. When someone comes up with a fix for that - let me know!!!

They'll never get it 100% correct, it's a rep you know. Either you buy genuine parts and modify your watch, buy the genuine PO... or live with the flaws.

Yes, the new logo they have used is completely off. C'est la vie.

They'll never get it 100% correct, it's a rep you know. Either you buy genuine parts and modify your watch, buy the genuine PO... or live with the flaws.

Yep - it's never 100%. That's why I got the 4th Gen with the right logo. I just have to get a different strap. Does anyone know if the other Seamaster bracelets would work?

Or maybe new gen end links might do the trick?

Yep - it's never 100%. That's why I got the 4th Gen with the right logo. I just have to get a different strap. Does anyone know if the other Seamaster bracelets would work?

Or maybe new gen end links might do the trick?

It would be a good solution if omega had reasonable prices.

Did you see how much end links cost?! :blink:

I think i'll get a replica speedy bracelet, it should fit.

Why should they replica 100% ? :lol: They'll keep on making the rep with minor flaws hence pushing newer improved version to suck more money from us :thumbdown: