When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

FGD dials- Gen 1 and Gen 2

ubiquitous

Much to my delight, my FGD Gen 2 dial arrived safe and sound this afternoon. I loved FGD's Gen 1 iteration; any improvements made were just icing on the cake!

Initial impressions-

-Very, very well done; nice quality and overall finish. Nothing new here!

-Slightly slimmer indicies- VERY nice! Looks top notch.

-Gorgeous ivory creme color to the markers. And they light up like a torch. I know... Trit of this age isn't supposed to be very bright, but these markers just fire right up and add a nice touch of legibility in the dark. I will appreciate this for those times when I wake up at night and check the time.

-Satin finish to the surface; well executed.

-T-SWISS-T is even better than before!

-6497 dial blank provided for easy installation and a solution with dial feet.

Cons- Absoutely NONE! Especially at this price.

A couple of comparison piccys... Gen 2 is installed; Gen 1 is loose. I will take some pics of both uncased and uninstalled; I simply put it together very crudely to get an idea of how it will look under the crystal.

Old vs. New:

IMG_2706.jpg

6:00

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

Right side:

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

Left & 12:00:

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

The differences are subtle, but in person, they are quite apparent.

And the verdict? I am an eager beaver to get this back together and strapped to the wrist!

IMG_2744.jpg

Thanks for looking,

R

I will state publicly that FGDs efforts are THE most important thing Ever to happen for the Neo vintage PAMS. Step in step with VDBs and Rmcsherrys vintage efforts

I agree as well...

Thanks ubi for the pictorial...the pre-V project should be my next one after I complete the vintage collection (2x Angelus; 1x Cortebert)...

once again compliments to FGD for all the efforts and for making this project available!

Ubi ...I'm honoured by your review and humbled by everyone's fantastic comments :notworthy: Thank you and I'm glad you like them.

I'm really pleased you see the subtleties I tried to explain over e-mail - your photos capture them very well.

Milesd has taken some nice macro's of the lume fill in his recent post and there's lovely shots of a gen for sale on risti at the moment!!

All dials have made their journeys now - a few rejects which need recycling and on with Pre-A 001 , 205/A , 203/A and 218/A to complete the set.

I picked up a gen 61 dial from a very esteemed member and plan to use that to nail the tobacco colour on a few dial options that spring to mind ;)

There's lots to do yet!!!

ATB - FGD

Simply beautiful Ubi! Top notch articulate comparisons as always, detailed images to eyeball... :)

Can't get enough of FGD's dials and I must admit that I am officially over-obsessive with both his 1st and 2nd Generation offerings.

Pre A 0001 and Pre V 203/A......now we really need someone to bring those manufakture of these PreA and PreV cases into reality.

FGD 2nd Gen Prevendome 5218-201/A

P1000819.jpg

P1000817.jpg

A few more comparison pics. Please excuse the crude photos- Took these pics in some less than ideal lighting, and so between that and the shallow DoF, they're not great (but I think they do get the point across):

Gen 1 to the left, Gen 2 to the right...

6 to 6

IMG_3320.jpg

3's

IMG_3321.jpg

12's

IMG_3324.jpg

9 to 9

IMG_3329.jpg

Note that the indicies are actually quite a bit thinner; they look great! I didn't realize how muh thinner they actually were until I put 1 and 2 next to each other. A small, but significant difference to say the least :)

Great work as always to the creative minds that went into these dials...

^_^

What Version is my Beauty?? Not sure of the version but I know it's my most beloved piece!!

P1020255.jpg

P1020250.jpg

IMG_3492Medium.jpg

202.jpg

Thanks Ubi

Currently my favorite watch by far. Thinking of swapping in something Swiss for the asian for something to do