When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does such a movement exist?

Drulee

I am slowing piecing together a watch (Panerai case) and was trying to find the proper movement. I believe it would be a modified 7750.

The movement would be an automatic movement with GMT function and date display at 3. Ideally a recessed pusher on the case at 8 would be able to quick change the date. I hope an Asian version of such a movement exists.

Any help, particularly a source, would be appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot that it should have seconds at 9.

Edited by Drulee

• 4 weeks later...

Well it has been almost a month since this was posted, and I have refined my requirements.

I am looking for a functioning GMT movement for an 088. Forget about the date pusher request - I've learned that the gen doesn't have this anyway.

As I have all the other parts collected, I really don't want to buy the complete watch :)

Like so?

7750 GMT

I guess you missed my second post. I'm just looking for the movement, not entire watch. Just got a message from an individual in China who said they could get me an A7750 GMT high-beat for $125 - but who knows, he's not really an established member.

I just had my PAM 088 with this movement serviced by The Zigmeister and there were some major issues with it. So bad that we he had to remove the auto wind gears and make it into a manual wind watch. There were issues with the GMT and date change function. He has suggested that I do not move GMT hand or set the time backwards just o move the hands forward.

My PAM 228 with this movement from DSN is working flawlessly.

I just had my PAM 088 with this movement serviced by The Zigmeister and there were some major issues with it. So bad that we he had to remove the auto wind gears and make it into a manual wind watch. There were issues with the GMT and date change function. He has suggested that I do not move GMT hand or set the time backwards just o move the hands forward.

My PAM 228 with this movement from DSN is working flawlessly.

Are you sure the 088 movement was a 7750, and not a 29?? (or was it 28??, I forget). Because I know they had big problems.

Here is part of the email that The Zigmeister sent me inregards to my PAM 088.

"Although this is a 7750 movement it doesn't have a chrono, But since we removing the autogears, you now have a handwind"

I was told that the watch had an A7750 when I purchased it. I will as The Zigmeister when I get the watch back.