When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the point of Trader Stats if they are optional ?

kgbAgent

Hi

I have only been here a few months and have bought 4 watches. I will consider selling 2 of them to finance a gen movement install I am in the process of organising.

I have seen lots of sale posts where peeps point to their trading stats as a sign of their trustworthiness. This is a big factor on the Bay. I personally think this is a good idea as it imparts another degree of "trust" to transactions in what is essentially a 'semi-legal' hobby.

If I have had a positive or otherwise experience here then I fell obliged to leave feedback & have done so. I have pm a member here to leave feedback for a piece I purchased (I left positive feedback for them) yet cannot get them to respond to the pm's for reciprocation.

This supposed trust works both ways --- some members will only buy from those with good stats and some will give sale preference to those with good buying history. I would like to think that buyers & sellers would (for their mutual benefit) take more interest in this 'feedback' option.

I want to be seen as a good buyer/seller here but think there should be more reliance on those involved in transactions to be compelled to leave feedback on their experiences.

Is this too idealistic ?

Please discuss

If I have had a positive or otherwise experience here then I fell obliged to leave feedback & have done so. I have pm a member here to leave feedback for a piece I purchased (I left positive feedback for them) yet cannot get them to respond to the pm's for reciprocation.

not at all idealistic

i hate having to ask for feedback upon completion of a successful transaction

in fact i'm tempted to add it to my list of questions before i make a purchase next time onward ... does the stop watch run properly and reset ? when will you ship the watch ? how many moons will elapse before ya post feedback ? are you really that daft in real life too ?

chances are the average user cannot fathom the simple task of clicking the Feedback button in the Main Menu ...

Not idealistic at all....

It, like any system of this type, only works when people use it. I wish more people would take the time to use it.

This was a feature people were excited about when we implemented it. Many are using it.

I know I do

Personally I find it a little too confusing (I have a very tiny brain [dog brain] ) so I don't leave feedback but it's always good to write a nice dealer review instead. RWG has all bases covered in this case, members can write a little blurb about a transaction and it works quite well too..