When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A franken Tudor Chrono idea for someone...

ubiquitous

So, for anyone wanting to do a Pre-Tiger Chrono Tudor, this is the one for you.

item 330329594279

tudor_chr.jpg

Pair this dial to a 7750, a fat Daytona case for some Big Block action, and a standard Sub crystal and I think you'd have something interesting and unique.

I had contemplated the idea of doing this one myself, but I have some other projects I need to work on first (some not watch related). I still think it would go great with my white dialed 16520:

IMG_4201.jpg

Maybe next time...

:)

Hey Ubi,

yeah i was into building one of these a while ago. I brought a case off of porsche365a but in the meantime he sold it to someone else (another member) and i never did see my money back so i abandoned the project at the very start as it already cost me well over 200 bucks...

Nice dial, it would also be worth getting a gen "Tiger" version which go for much less and swapping the dial out as cases are hard to find...

Cheers

P.

Hey Ubi,

yeah i was into building one of these a while ago. I brought a case off of porsche365a but in the meantime he sold it to someone else (another member) and i never did see my money back so i abandoned the project at the very start as it already cost me well over 200 bucks...

Nice dial, it would also be worth getting a gen "Tiger" version which go for much less and swapping the dial out as cases are hard to find...

Cheers

P.

That's too bad Pete. Chet (Porsche356) has ripped off a number of people and is no longer among us....

Great dail Ubi...thanks for the tip

I've done it allready - remember the Tudor crown you donated for that project, Ubi ;)

A sub crystal does not work, the date window is far more right on the tudor. I discoverd that a gen 295 crystal fits the fat daytona case and glued a date mag on it.

The dial is a little bigger than the daytona dial and the fat daytona case has to thin lugs... will post pictures later to show what I mean...

If I do it again I'll go the expensive route with a reworked monte carlo aftermarket case.

here it is:

2e3xxe9.jpg

smvb6w.jpg

119m3aw.jpg

2exar95.jpg

24grora.jpg

29fbfx2.jpg

hx5jz8.jpg

The flaws on this watch - all are unavoidable with the daytona case:

- Missing 500 on the bezel

- Wrong bezel shape (should be more flat)

- No lugholes

- Wrong case back (missing engravings)

- Wrong lug shape (side walls should be flatter and not that rounded like on the fat daytona case)

- Wrong lug size (too short, too thin)

- Wrong bezel shape (too domed!!)

- Rehaut inner diameter is too small

Some gen pics for comparison:

5lb7me.jpg

29vb90j.jpg

2m4eqde.jpg

IMO it is not rewarding to built a franken Tudor chrono from a fat daytona case. It has too much differences to the gen Tudor case.

I'd go with a Tudor Monte Carlo case (Yukiwatch or Jewelryandwatch), round the crown guards, source a gen plexi crystal and a gen 7750 dial. You'll end with a wonderful seventies big block :) Much more expensive, but much more accurate.

So, for anyone wanting to do a Pre-Tiger Chrono Tudor, this is the one for you.

item 330329594279

tudor_chr.jpg

Pair this dial to a 7750, a fat Daytona case for some Big Block action, and a standard Sub crystal and I think you'd have something interesting and unique.

I had contemplated the idea of doing this one myself, but I have some other projects I need to work on first (some not watch related). I still think it would go great with my white dialed 16520:

IMG_4201.jpg

Maybe next time...

:)

yup.. I done it :p

since I have all the necessary spares around.. and a eta 7750 still in the factory sealed package..

it is different.. so why not .. :)

A~C

Lani