When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SuperOcean Heritage movt. swap?

OmegaPOFL

Hi everyone.... im just curious about a possible movement swap on the SOH.

As many of you know, the correct dial SOH only comes with the asian clone movt.

So, i was thinking about swapping it out and putting a swiss (or gen) eta movement 2824.. but i dont know if its 2824-1 or 2824-2 (am not sure of the difference)

Anyone know what i'm talking about? :( Also will a gen movement FIT the rep SOH?

A member asked me before he can source a movement, to check if the movt. will even fit that watch

Thanks!!

Hi, i delivered my superocean heritage to a watchmaker earlier this year to have him source me a eta 2824-2 to put in it. but he called me saying it didnt fit in the case. (the rotor hit the caseback or something)... i didnt question him on that and as my movement was broken he just fixed it by putting a swiss part in it (the hairspring with incablock or jewel ??? -guess my lack of knowledge here shines through). - just thought id put it down as "for the record".

- the watchmaker mentioned "it was a clone of the old eta, and he could only source the new eta's" ...didnt question that either. but if this is [censored] and just something he said. i would very much appreciate to be corrected on this.

my watch keeps +-2-3sec now

is there a side-by-side picture or comparison of the dial/case/feature differences between the SOH asian and the SOH siwss?...i've poured thru this stuff before - but can't seem to locate it quickly...

anyone with a link/post/etc?...

thanks...R

I can't believe that a clone and and ETA aren't the same size. Wouldn't that be the main point of making a clone?

I think you must have taken out a 2836-2 and replaced it with a 2824-2, which is slightly thicker. I'd bet a 2836-2 would fit.

It will fit definately. I just let my watchmaker do the swap. I also let him install the asian date wheel with the better font. No prob at all and the new dial (i went for the blue) is way better than the "swiss" one (besides the wrong printings).

Just swap dial and DW, no further modifications required!

Rhack: yes, the previous model with the wrong dial and bad datefont was offered with swiss movement inside. The Ultimate one is only available with an asian heart.

Kbh: You're right I guess, but in reverese. His watchmaker might have sourved a 2836, as THAT is the thicker movement, not the 2824.

The SOH is only offered with 2824-2 Clone.

Greetz.

look what i found thinkbacks.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Genuine-ETA-Valjoux-77...1QQcmdZViewItem

;) ;)

i'd start emailing modders seeing if it'll fit... then buy it!!!!

Well, that's a fake B13. No COSC. number engraved. This guy was selling lots of them, even some without pearlage and Coates de Geneve. He's a scammer.

Still a nice 7750, though :)

You're welcome friend :)

Gen B13s are very hard to come by, you can identify them by looking at the auto winder bridge. There should be 7 numbers engraved, the same what can be found on the caseback and on the COSC certificate.

It should look like this one:

rep_good_06.jpg

As long as this was brought up, why not throw this question into the mix rather than starting a new thread:

What swap options are available for the chrono version?

DSC01083.jpg

As for the asian mvt. just a service would be recommended (28'800bph version). But there is an obvious flaw (don't take me wrong, I am loving that chrono and it's on my list): The triangle marker at 12 is an applied one on the rep. The gen has got a lume triangle.