When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Aquanaut on Josh's site

DemonSlayer

They put in a good effort but is it just me or is the ratio of lume-to-hour-marker a little off?

Made in Taiwan huh? He should have just gone the whole way and wrote that they are made in Switzerland and actually built inside a secret room inside the PP factory by disgruntled employees.

They put in a good effort but is it just me or is the ratio of lume-to-hour-marker a little off?

Made in Taiwan huh? He should have just gone the whole way and wrote that they are made in Switzerland and actually built inside a secret room inside the PP factory by disgruntled employees.

:lol:

Agree with you on the lume-to-hour-marker being off. ;)

I prefer the 5167.

Although it is spec'd at 40mm, it wears bigger, more like 42mm w/ crown.

The 5165 at 36 mm wears larger too, but the dial is too busy IMO.

Still, the Aquanaut is a great 'brother' to the Nautilus.

The Aquanauts have a great rubber strap. Super comfortable.

My BEST watches, are all EL's older 'TW Best' factory models. From what I know the original MBW's

were actually a mix of TW as well as CN cases, but all the best rep watches in the 'ol' days were made in TW.

To think that a 40mm case is a big watch compared to a 36mm case is kinda funny. 36mm however, IS, pretty small.

I'm a little confused....

If I'm not mistaken, the 40mm doesn't exist in the old model.

you have the 5066 which is 36mm and the 5065 which is 38mm

the newer model is 5165 for the 38mm and 5167 for the 40mm.

can someone please correct me or confirm this?

I'm really getting to like this one but I want a gen strap for it. if the 38mm doesn't exist, it would be pretty tough to get one :g:

MY REP 5167 is supposedly 40mm like the gen, but by my ruler it is more like 42mm.

Perhaps the rep IS larger than the gen.

Either way it is larger than the 5165 at 36 or 38. Perhaps the watch just looks larger...But it wears Much larger as well.

I compare the 40mm case to most SMP, or 3717', or the Sub, for that matter.

@ sander I believe you are correct the 5066 it’s 36mm the 5165 and 5065 measure the same 38mm and, the 5167 40mm, nevertheless, if I recall correctly aquanaut’s case measures are taken from 10 to 4 o clock and that clearly bring us a lot of trouble.

Since the watch it’s clearly from the old series and measures 36mm it would be fair to assume that it’s a rep of the 5066, but josh also have the old “jumbo” posted on his web but its size is 40mm which would be a wrong size but then again it depends on how they have measure the watch.

And for the rubber straps it shouldn’t be a problem since 5066 and 5065 use the same rubber straps (thinking on the gen)

Edited by emuozz