When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Open warning for all sec@12 ROO lovers

Dear all,

I know it is not good to post and comment when you are angry and mad....but I have to tell you about this.

It was all about my big love ... the AP Royal Oak Offshore chronos. I have all possible MBW models and he did a very special model upon my request in veeeerrry limited numbers....but it was only sec@9.

So I was absolutely amazed and excited when they announced the sec@12 chronos where the factory managed to take care of all the visible flaws....the outcome was a dream-come-true, a AAA-looking timepiece, a real clone.....this time with seconds running correctly at 12 o

Has anyone actually had a good experience with this movement ? It's around a year on now, is there anyone who's been using theirs all this time and it's still running smoothly?

The Zigmeistermeister did a tear down of the movement and suggested that the problems that you would encounter from this watch wouldn't be with the actual movement per se, but because they don't come properly oiled. I truly believe that if you buy an AP seconds at 12, you have to factor in the cost of having it sent away for a full service and perhaps graphite treatment on the middle gear (E gear?)

Im sorry to hear of your disappoint Pam1A, I hope things work out for you.

That stinks Pam, I know how much you love them man!!

Hope they all come back lovely and fixed for you!!

Sixx :bones:

Thanks for your thoughts.....I will wait for the outcome with Bricciola.....if he can fix the RB2....he will get the NAVY as well .

Theo

I'm sorry to hear your story. Hope you'll get them back savely and in good working condition.

As B16a2 mentioned, recording to Ziggmeister it is a pretty good movement if it's serviced. Mine is still running though (for about half a year now) without a problem.

Good luck man!

I have 2 sec@12 and so far so good! The Safari I wore for six weeks straight when I went to Asia Last Jan. One thing that I do (read it here sometime ago) is to stop the movement completely by pulling the crown all the way out when not using them!

Knock on wood!

Thanks for your words guys.....you are all correct

- it is a hit and miss with these watches

- I had a black themes from a member here and it runs smooth and perfect

- my dealer is trustworthy and a friend...not his fault that my AP

I am so sorry to hear of your bad luck. I have enjoyed your previous posts on you RO series. I too am an avid fan and have purchased two (2) of the sec@12 in the last six months. the Navy and the new and updated Rubber Clad.... I am in some ways afraid to even give a status update as of fear of jinxing myself.

I will say what I do is rotate the two watches and when not wearing one, I turn off the other as was suggested.

For me, six months in this seems to be the charm.

I am considering another, and waiting on the upcoming Bumble Bee..

I look forward to hearing what solution has worked out for you as I am sure at some point I will need it as well..

Best Regards,

Not to underplay your frustration, most of us have had QC problems, but it sorta goes with the territory. Toad Torrent's NOOB guide says "you will have QC problems". What is hard to accept is when a dealer is asking $600 for a watch like the RBII, that they don't take extra care in the condition and installation of the movement, and probably have similar QC as their $100 21j Asian watches. I have a RBII, arrived 2 months ago, and so far so good, but I am not liking your unfortunate experience.

I strongly believe that my problems with those movements are no issues a proper QC will solve.

My dealer has a good QC and inspects all watches prior to shipping.....and he is ALLWAYS responsible for his goods...he takes good care of me and I concider him more a friend than a dealer.

Problem is the factory...they build these movements without taking "aftersales" or "garantees" into account. When the sec@12 movement dies they won

UPDATE:

I got the message from my "new" watchsmith that my Rubens Baricchello 2 is off his workbench and running smooth and easy for the last 2 days, chrono functions fine without any hassle.

So thats good news so far.....have to send the NAVY now as well....thats a pricy spa for a 600$-rep that was 1 day old....makes it more worthy now :p

Will keep you informed how it will work from now on.

Cheers all, Theo

yes - your watch is fine -

i saw it on the weekend :p

cheers,

Frank

Actually you placed the idea in my brain....I saw your post that you visited D. so that could not have been far away from my home....it is absolutely great to have a good skilled hand in the neighbourhood :D

Theo

Actually you placed the idea in my brain....I saw your post that you visited D. so that could not have been far away from my home....it is absolutely great to have a good skilled hand in the neighbourhood :D

Theo

yes - im also South of Scandinavia :D

• 3 weeks later...