When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to raise the hands on pam 127

:) Hi. Asking from some help from our experts!

Wishing to use a pam w/Swiss Unitas 6497 as a base for a vintage project, I really need to raise the hands like on this masterpiece from Clint Eastwood:

post-2870-1244380267_thumb.jpg

post-2870-1244380245_thumb.jpg

Does any of us know which parts I need in order to raise the hands like this, and where would I order them from?

If I get hold of the right parts for raising, would I then need new hands? If so, which ones/how to get hold of them?

Thanks a lot for any help:-)

Kind regards, MG

• 2 weeks later...

If you use a H3 cannon pin and a h3 hour wheel it probably won't look like this... it looks like the hour hand is n a lower hour wheel.

so it might work to use a tall cannon pin together with a low hour wheel, which is probably installed.

I am not sure about this, but I am pretty sure using h3 hour wheel and h3 cp won't look like the hands on the pictured watch.

If you use a H3 cannon pin and a h3 hour wheel it probably won't look like this... it looks like the hour hand is n a lower hour wheel.

so it might work to use a tall cannon pin together with a low hour wheel, which is probably installed.

I am not sure about this, but I am pretty sure using h3 hour wheel and h3 cp won't look like the hands on the pictured watch.

Yes, probably that watch is an unique design. On the other hand...have you considered that hands can touch the glass?

Francisco.

Yes, probably that watch is an unique design. On the other hand...have you considered that hands can touch the glass?

Francisco.

Thanks. Yes Eastwoods watch is unique all-right. My aim is to come as close as possible to that look using a "poor-man

Ok, high cp and low hour wheel...

I'd probably buy a high cp (H3 is the highest, I think... don't know for sure=

and just keep the current hour wheel... then I'd check is it already look good... if not I'd just

file down the hour wheel to the level you need it. if the sleeve of the hour hand is too long then, just

file it down, too.

That should work.

P.S. for filing the sleeves of the hands you really ned a very fine jewelers file.

(I just stole a cosmetic file from my girlfried for this which works perfect. ;) )

Edited by oberblender

• 2 weeks later...
I'd probably buy a high cp (H3 is the highest, I think... don't know for sure=

and just keep the current hour wheel... then I'd check is it already look good... if not I'd just

file down the hour wheel to the level you need it. if the sleeve of the hour hand is too long then, just

file it down, too.

That should work.

P.S. for filing the sleeves of the hands you really ned a very fine jewelers file.

(I just stole a cosmetic file from my girlfried for this which works perfect. ;) )

Thanks! Will try.

MG

I bought an original Unitas (not the later ETA) 6497 which has significantly taller hour wheel & cannon pinions - the increased height is at least as great as the H1 to H3 step. This set up should give you the height that you need. Possibly you may be able to find something similar. If not drop me a PM and I may sell the complete movement if you're interested.