When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The last cd 2006 series

dakatana2002

Hi folks!

I'm from italy so my english will be very bad so excuse me. ^_^

Well...i know i know...just another cd 2006 but i noticed some difference in this replica.

Inside there is the a7750 but now the rotor has engraved gold iwc markings.(i'm sorry...i lost this photo)

The movement was clean and oiled.On timing machine it showed 5+(!) secs in all position.I tried today again and again 6+ secs. I do not know if the machine is working good but my gen oris xxl crono just serviced from oris factory was 15+. :o

ouside the first thing i noticed was the AR...it was very good as you can see.All the picture was taken with a 20w round neon lamp at less than 30 cm just over the watch.

I make also a picture of the watch just under the lamp and here you can see the AR with it's blue tint.

Also the crown is very well done and the probus scafusia and the iwc logo is perfectly defined.If you unscrew the crown the tube is completely inside the crown also in the hack position.

the lume is superlume but i was not able to take a decent picture but the mark are still readable after 4-5 hours...

The rotating bezel now allign itself perfectly as you can see and the click is "well defined" under the finger...you can feel it precisely.If you try to rotate backwards the pusher it go inside the case and make a sort of soft click but the bezel doesn't move. :huh:

The dial is of a specular dark blue and the little hands dials are well done with deep concentric circles.

The allignment of day-date windows is pretty good after i used the fast day-date function as a little break-in... :p

The wood pieces under the glass...well..it's a...a...i don't know the word but...well...it's better i don't say any word!!!! <_<

Now i need only a ss bracelet but the seller say that there is no ss for this watch and it's no interchangeable...strange...i'll like to try the slevin ss but i do not know where i can buy it so any suggestions are welcome.

I've also a 3717-04 and the spitfire chrono laureus with blue dial...but...when you wear the CD you can easily see people looking at the watch and after asking info about it... :D

Excuse me for my poor english.

post-21798-1244497001_thumb.jpg

post-21798-1244497023_thumb.jpg

post-21798-1244497040_thumb.jpg

post-21798-1244497070_thumb.jpg

post-21798-1244497086_thumb.jpg

I love that watch. It's certainly on my shortlist.

Which dealer sold you this watch?

It's from tt88time (andrew).I noticed it's better than previous replicas.may be a new series...

And this is a picture of the lume...not bad for out of box watch i think...

post-21798-1244679597_thumb.jpg

Edited by dakatana2002

Congrats on both your CD aquisition and your post dak !!!! :)

they in fact do not make the ss bracelet for the CD series.. I myself think IWC wanted to keep it as a divers watch with the rubber strap.. in tribute to the famed Sea Explorer and his ship.

the 2006 CD is hands down the best model of the CD line.. it will get more looks than many divers watches..

I love mine..

here are pics to share with you..

it has been fully modded.

ETA 7750 swap

re-lumed ~ by the master ZM

and the sapphire crystal has been re done... AR by chieftang.. it is by far the best AR on the planet.. just invisible with a faint plum hue

like the high quality Ulysse Nardin .

iwccd009.jpg

iwccd008.jpg

iwccd001.jpg

I'll get some slevin pics up for you with the same mods..

A~C

Lani

here is the Slevin for you.. same mods as the CD.. the chief AR just makes the dial POP !!

22800241.jpg

57217207.jpg

slevin3719iwc005.jpg

slevin3719iwc009.jpg

The latest attempt to better the 2006 edition...

cd2008052.jpg

I love both lani!!!I think your reps are better than orig!!! :o

The 7750 mod is on the way...i've a gen 7750 from ebay for about 90 euros and i'll do it by myself...it's quite simple but the ziggi relume and the ar from chief...well...there is no way to do that...

For the ss bracelet i've seen a post somewhere with a ss cd2006...it's amazing!But the rubber strap is definitely the bracelet for the CD i think...

p.s.when i'll make the 7750 swap i'll try to post some photos of the hands mods and so on...

Edited by dakatana2002

I love both lani!!!I think your reps are better than orig!!! :o

The 7750 mod is on the way...i've a gen 7750 from ebay for about 90 euros and i'll do it by myself...it's quite simple but the ziggi relume and the ar from chief...well...there is no way to do that...

For the ss bracelet i've seen a post somewhere with a ss cd2006...it's amazing!But the rubber strap is definitely the bracelet for the CD i think...

p.s.when i'll make the 7750 swap i'll try to post some photos of the hands mods and so on...

I may be able to assist you on the chief AR... I have a spare CD xtal that I could send to chiefs next run..

We're here to support each other .. if not who else will in this underground hobby

I don't ask for any monetary exchange other than the cost of what I would pay.. and the exchanging of xtals to replace mine..

however, I do this for supporters and Platinum members only.. since supporting our usage fees keeps us online.. I believe it only fair to put this as a prerequisite..

A~C

Lani

and thank you dak .. for your kind words.. I treasure both pieces very much !! :D

I may be able to assist you on the chief AR... I have a spare CD xtal that I could send to chiefs next run..

We're here to support each other .. if not who else will in this underground hobby

I don't ask for any monetary exchange other than the cost of what I would pay.. and the exchanging of xtals to replace mine..

however, I do this for supporters and Platinum members only.. since supporting our usage fees keeps us online.. I believe it only fair to put this as a prerequisite..

A~C

Lani

and thank you dak .. for your kind words.. I treasure both pieces very much !! :D

you're right!I'll become a supporter as soon as possible!For the xtal let me know how we can do that...

Lani, did you try to put the slevin bracelet on the cousteau 2006 ? I have looked fot a bracelet for this model for months but some people told that it doesn't fit. Is it true ?

Yep!I'll like to know from lani if he tried to do this swap!

or you must wait for my new slevin arrival in the next few days...il''try it but andrew from tt88 says that on CD2006 the strap won't go out...it's fixed from factory...it seem very strange to me but i'll try to make the swap as soon as i'll have the slevin in my hands...

Yep!I'll like to know from lani if he tried to do this swap!

or you must wait for my new slevin arrival in the next few days...il''try it but andrew from tt88 says that on CD2006 the strap won't go out...it's fixed from factory...it seem very strange to me but i'll try to make the swap as soon as i'll have the slevin in my hands...

I did remove my rubber strap from the cd2006. jus hold the button in the middle. it is a little bit tricky but it goes off !

As far as I know the 3719 will not fit on the CD .. when the CD 06 first came out as a replication the rubber strap was the best rubber strap out at the time, until then the divers strap was sorely lacking in quality.... the genuine comes in the divers strap and does not I believe offer the SS bracelet..

The Slevin is more verstile as far as being worn as a dressier piece and also goes well casually with the ss or rubber strap..I have a genuine divers for the slevin .. and to tell you the truth the replication side by side with the genuine ... you would have a very hard time telling the difference.

I think the CD goes best with the rubber strap..

so you have the best of both worlds.. in the CD and the 3719

all you need to pull the pins out of the bracelet and the lugs is a toothpick.. alignment with the rubber strap is the challenge when reattaching the strap.. so the pin slides in.. you need to depress the button again to have the pin pass through.

A~C

Lani

• 2 weeks later...