When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guarantee cards/serial no.

zigo

First of all, I am new to this board. I am only buying genuine second hand Rolex's.

I am interested in this board just for the fact that counterfeits are getting better and better these

days and I don't want to get screwed.

My question is: Are there already existing faked guarantee cards with matching case serial numbers?!

Yes, they can usually be purchased with the watch. There are great boxes too! Many times cases are engraved to match gen papers too!

First of all, I am new to this board. I am only buying genuine second hand Rolex's.

I am interested in this board just for the fact that counterfeits are getting better and better these

days and I don't want to get screwed.

My question is: Are there already existing faked guarantee cards with matching case serial numbers?!

If you're worried about geting scamed by someone sliping you a rep instead of a gen your in the right place to learn the diferences, welcome.

Guarantee cards? I'm shure blanks are available somewhere and then you would just need a laser printer for the details. Not any call for that sort of thing here, it's more the realm of scamers. I'm instantly suspious of anyone who feels the need for a guarantee card with his/her rep. Apart from the anals who just must have the complete set theres realy only one reason you need a fake card and that's to scam some poor bugger.

I can see why you have asked but can asure you that peeps (espec unknown ones) asking where to buy fake cards tend to get the short shift here.

Long and the short of it is, if in doubt, ask to see the MVT as no one reps a Rolex MVT. There is usualy a preety limited range of serials on reps too. Folks here will be able to tell you the ranges being used for any particular model.

Col.

I will post a picture of my sea dweller in the picture section. Perhaps you are the right people to spot a fake.

This is my only watch that wasn't opened by an authorized dealer - just for the fact that they aren't able to open

it and I don't want to send it to Rolex for nothing!

Thanks for your quick reply by the way.

Edited by zigo

With franken watches nothing short of getting Rolex involved themseleves can determine true authenticity.

True 'nuf but that's a whole new ballgame.

Then there's the 7grand Thai reps with gen MVTs. That'll buy you a PN 'tona that an AD would have trouble with. All rep bar the MVT and proberly the bracelet. Not to many of those about tho, something to do with the price me thinks :)

Col.

...its the enthusiasts like ubi ;) youd have to watch out for. :p

Did someone say my name?

:lol:

Good thing I keep my watches either in my collection, or with a few trusted folks here on the forum :) Folks have asked me why I never switched my El Primero rotors out for gen 4030 rotors, or red reversing wheels, etc. The short answer is that my intention is to never pass these off as 100% genuine (only partially gen ^_^ ).

IMG_4445.jpg

IMG_4480.jpg

IMG_4495.jpg

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

Since these things are built solely for personal enjoyment/challenge, and since I know what's behind the closed caseback, I've always felt that spending the money for those 'final touch' movement parts was kinda pointless; better to spend that money elsewhere, or on other projects :)

More on topic- The best way to ensure the legitimacy and authenticity of a second hand purchase is to buy from someone reputible, or buy new from the AD. Granted, nothing in life is guaranteed except for death and taxes, this will help mitigate the potential risk of buying something bogus.

Let me add that 99,99% of the members of this community are thinking like Ubi.

Nobody I know would try to pass these wonderfull frankens for genuine.

In my humble opinion the high end reps/frankens seen here are not available elsewhere.

Surely not in the street!

But there is still a risk, so indeed buy the seller not the watch.

Good luck.

Let me add that 99,99% of the members of this community are thinking like Ubi.

Nobody I know would try to pass these wonderfull frankens for genuine.

In my humble opinion the high end reps/frankens seen here are not available elsewhere.

Surely not in the street!

But there is still a risk, so indeed buy the seller not the watch.

Good luck.

Couldn't have put it better myself... I have no problem with people collecting/discussing/wearing/selling reps...it's when things are mis-represented that I get angry...