When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Love My Ss Daytona.... Pic...

Guest chronomat123

i just received my Asian 7750 2 tone version. it is simply GREAT. but i have to say that the sound of the rubber inside of the watch scared me ! i thought something was broken inside ! the Asian motor is very loud compared to the jap and ETA !!

i think this is the only (minus) in regards to this watch ! other than that it is simply great !!! (bought from Joshua OF COURSE !!!)

i think it is a shame really ! maybe with the next generation of movements it will be fixed !!!

Seeing as ETA in Switzerland hasn't 'fixed' it yet, I doubt the replica makers will even consider it.

All 7750s/7753s, Swiss or Asian, have huge rotor wobble. It's part of their charm, watching them dance on your wrist. It'll not get fixed as it's not broken.

Very nice watch!

The wobble is due to the rotor winding in one direction only (unidirectional). Most ETAs wind in both directions (bidirectional) so there is resistance regardless of which way the rotor rotates.

On the 775x there is resistance in only one direction--when you rotate it the other way it just free-wheels. It is the design of the winding mechanism and nothing more.

The gen is bi-directional as is the El Primero.

Cheers!

Alex

Mmmmmm... El Primero....

Ubiquitous... your frankenwatch makes me drool

I like it more than a GEN version with the El Primero base. Rolex changed the escapement to their microstella and reduced the beat to 28800bph (and that's the beat of their current inhouse version too). Yours ticks smoother... nice! Have you read the article on the El Primero in the Horologium (TZ)?

Cheers and enjoy it... I enjoy looking at it!

Edited by madmex