When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little POrikaa review, what a suprise.

magagne

After a long hibernation of watch acquisition and participation here, I do a soft come back with a PO 42mm from Narikaa, and another one from WatchEden (lite PO 42mm too on rubber) that I will get tomorow. What I show here is the Narikaa 42mm version (POrikaa), I'll be able to compare both of them this week.

Intro:

First, I want to thanks Narikaa for his excellent communication by doing business with. He's service is absolutely outstanding (he reply very fast to your question). The packaging of watch was very well made too. I recommend him without hesitation.

Bezel:

I want to advise all member who are purist will be probably disappointed about the bezel here. The bezel teeth structure is NOT like the GEN watch but it is like "

This watch seems to get a lot of praises and no disrespect to Narikaa but when I was looking for a 42mm PO there were a few flaws with this watch that just put me off. The one flaw that doesn't bother me too much like yourself was the bezel.

These are the flaws I could not put up with.

Firstly case.

The case is not the same shape as the gen which results in the crown recess being wrong and the watch looking too slim on the right side.

Rep

Ome01.jpg

Gen

Ome02.jpg

The date window

The rep is in the position as the gen 45mm version, too far over to the centre.

Rep

Ome04.jpg

Gen

Ome03.jpg

The HE valve

The HE valve looks huge compared to the gen.

Rep

Ome05.jpg

Gen

Ome06.jpg

All of these niggles are not there in other versions of this rep.

As I said above I wanted to buy one of these from Narikaa initially, but just ended up buying one of his rubber PO straps to put on a version I got elsewhere.

Great review of a great watch.

Nice pictures, they really capture the beauty of this watch. Regarding the movement you should know that it is probably the best and most reliable movement around; a true workhorse. I own several DG2813s and all have been regulated withing COSC specs ;). If the movement works good from the beginning it will most likely do so over time. Because of it's simple design they will not break down easily, and if they do you can buy a replacement for around $12.00 or so :).

PS: As said before, this rep aint for all you anal members ;) but it is on heck of a bang for the buck! I got mine pressure tested and made sure it is water proof (you can find my tutorial in the Omega section) so I will wear it diving on my holiday to Tenerife next week B)

Nice little review there.

I got one on rubber and love it to bits ,Its my daily beater now. Waterproofed it using the excellent tutorial from our friend Rolexman . Have n't had it

pressure-tested yet but left it in a 1 pint Pyrex jug overnight with no leaks . I'm good to dive to at least 4 inches now. :p

I just received the 42mm from WatchEden.

Suprise ! it's a 45.5mm not the 42.5mm that I pay for :angry2: first time I do business with them, maybe last time I'll do business with them. I wrote to them and will see what they will do, first thing I will not ship it back at my own risk, and, certainly not at my own shipping fee. Maybe it wil go in FS section. Rep world it's a lot of good suprise,and, a lot, a lot of frustration, and I hit another exemple. Not the first bad experience, maybe not the last... sorry, I wanted to vent here...you know the drill, we ALL need to vent when we live bad things like that. -_-

Ok, for the rest, the watch is identical to the POrikaa model, I mean, same bezel teeth "