When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK Customs

anotherfish

I had two parcels sent over from china and no issues so far, although I prefer not to buy from there any more, and prefer to buy from other members, as they tend to be better deals (cheapers prices, mods, extra parts etc)

If the tracking just stopped working suddenly I'd assume it's just a problem with the website, and does not mean it's been seized by customs.

Probably just have to be patient and see what happens in the next few days.

Pretty unhelpful guys - he is asking who has had problems, not who hasn't!

I've had two or three stopped by customs, as they switch from mail handler to mail handler the tracking numbers are not carried forwards sometimes. In my experience anything that comes in from overseas, Parcelforce have ultimate responsibility for dealing with and delivering to its final destination.

As I said, I have had about three held up by these idiots who it seems have a licence to print money. If customs give the package a tug, Parcelforce will hold delivery in abeyance. They will then contact you asking for an import levy (

Thanks to ChiefWiggam for the very comprehensive response. But I do appreciate all the other responses. I think I maybe just have the fear as it's my first time.

The tracking system is now working again but it hasnt changed for a week when it "left origin country".

I've only waited a week. I guess I'm just nervous.

UK customs are about as rep-friendly as it gets. Over 40 watches here and never a problem. However, they're rather backed up at the moment - UK customs clearance seems to be taking anything from 5 to 7 working days at present just due to volume of incoming parcels. Don't worry - you'll have your watch soon, I'm sure :)

UK customs are about as rep-friendly as it gets. Over 40 watches here and never a problem. However, they're rather backed up at the moment - UK customs clearance seems to be taking anything from 5 to 7 working days at present just due to volume of incoming parcels. Don't worry - you'll have your watch soon, I'm sure :)

In my experience if using EMS from China invariably the watch arrives in approx 5 to 10 days. Often when the dealer sends you the tracking number it has not actually been sent yet. Maybe a few days later than you think they send. It then often takes an amazing time IN China going from production or storage depot to the export point of that country.

Once out of China it fairly zips along, then reaches UK. It can sit a few days at this end waiting for "customs clearance" but should be on Parcelforce UK tracking system by then. It also sometimes says "held by Customs". This does not mean held by customs, but awaiting customs clearance, which normally is given - but it can take 3 days. Then Parcelforce tracking will follow it clearly each day till delivery.

I'm sure you will receive it - as someone else says - be patient and take a few pills!!!

John

When UK customs seize, being the delightful peeps they are, they invariably let you know ;)

If they just want arbitrary duty off you, the carrier will let you know

If you just want opinions and 'there there it'll be alright's everyone will let you have them

2009jan21.jpg

"Simples"

;)

When UK customs seize, being the delightful peeps they are, they invariably let you know ;)

If they just want arbitrary duty off you, the carrier will let you know

If you just want opinions and 'there there it'll be alright's everyone will let you have them

;)

I'm not sure what you are trying to say to me here. That I should be concerned?

You just enjoy flicking my balls?

Has anyone here ever had a parcel intercepted at customs in the UK?

My tracking number no longer works and only an error is returned.

What are the consequences if the parcel is stopped in the UK, what experience does the forum have.

is this your first rep by any chance also?

If so just wait :)