When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tricky problem calling the experts out in here!

seadweller3

My father-in-law cannot wear his Daytona because his hand is too big and wrist much smaller. When he tries to put the watch on, he forces the pin in the clasp to pop right out and the watch goes flying. At first I thought I could retro-fit a divers extension to alleviate the problem but I have had zero luck finding one (18mm I believe). :huh:

Do any of the dealers, or anyone else for that matter, make a replacement bracelet? Maybe that's what I need.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. B)

How about this?

dw_on_strap.jpg

Barring that there are 19mm and 20mm oyster aftermarket bracelets out there and a dealer might sell you an extra link when you purchase. Is this contemporary or vintage?

If he adds links he'll end up with the watch being too big once it's on.

Ahhh... Yeah, I missed the part about the problem being with the bracelet fitting over the hand :) Though I do believe that an added link with some fine tuning at the clasp could make a difference without fitting too loosely on the wrist. BTW, if a diver's extension is really what's wanted, I do have these two:

Daytona style:

IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

Sub style:

IMG_4270.jpg