When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New to the board, and looking to buy sub, where do I go?

MasterJere

Hey guys, after searching around the web like crazy I happened to stumple upon RWI and this RWG forum... and I gotta tell ya, it looks to me like a lot of the same members are on both boards... I guess all you watch brainiacs travel together... heheh :-)

Well anyway, I'm interested in getting a TT Sub (14K wrapped and swiss ETA) watch... and also a Anniversary LV (green) sub, swiss too... Both links are below (reviews by By-tor)

http://www.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewt...186&t=41062 (TT Sub 14K wrapped, swiss eta)

http://www.jpc8118.com/images/1/309/1.jpg (LV Anniversary sub, swiss eta)

Who would you guys recommend (dealers) that I should talk to; that not only sell the best quality (noobmariners and what not) but also don't dropship. I want them to actually inspect the watch before sending it out, and I want the best quality I can get, without going to watchmaker9 (even though his watches are AMAZING). I'll spend 350-450 if I have too...

Cheers, and I'm happy I found this place!

Jere

A 14K Wrapped TT will fade and you will find this unsatisfactory.

All the Sub LV reps I've seen have the ugliest inaccurate inserts, id go as far as saying there is no high standard replication of a Sub LV up till this point..

Skip the middle part where people buy a noobmariner or some other sub replica then find it unsatisfactory, and if you want the best rep pay bklm1234 or WM9 through his site for a Submariner 16610 while you still can.

Saying you want the best sub rep without going to WM9 is like saying you want the best Big Mac without going to McDonalds..

Exactly what he said. TT's are usually very flawed and this whole concept of double wrapped or gold plated links always seems to be problematic. I haven't bought a Rolex in a while but I believe BKLM recently put out an improved WM9 LV. I myself am waiting for his SD coming out later in the year. Best of luck in any case.

I was recently in the same boat. I scanned the dealers on here and eventually placed my order for a Sub Date with PT. The watch arrived in fairly quick time but it was gaining 3 hours a day, so back it went. Several weeks later he replaced it with another Sub Date. I have not been able to get this any more accurate than 2 mins a day and I've now given up trying. The date wheel is also misaligned in the date window and the last straw for me - the pearl broke off at the weekend some time. I am very close to just binning this pile of rubbish even though it cost me

The OP referenced By-Tor's reviews & included specific links, which tells me he put some effort into researching his quest before he posted. That, for me, merits a more in-depth response than the newbie who joins the frey with 'Who has (or where can I get) the best.......?'

A 14K Wrapped TT will fade and you will find this unsatisfactory.

All the Sub LV reps I've seen have the ugliest inaccurate inserts, id go as far as saying there is no high standard replication of a Sub LV up till this point..

Skip the middle part where people buy a noobmariner or some other sub replica then find it unsatisfactory, and if you want the best rep pay bklm1234 or WM9 through his site for a Submariner 16610 while you still can.

Saying you want the best sub rep without going to WM9 is like saying you want the best Big Mac without going to McDonalds..

+1 here.

We've been numerous to hope to see a true Best Sub.

Now that we have WM9 and BKLM1234, no reason to spend a couple of years buying all the reps of the sub out there.

Save time and energy: get the WM9.

I agree with what as been said about gold...forget it, you will be disappointed anyway, soon or later.