When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK Submariner 1680

JamesJackson

This is an example of the latest MBW ( at least it was sold to me as a MBW ).

Chris claims to deliver the real/true MBW but i never bougth oen from him so i can't tell you for shure.

The dial now a days isn't the good old quality singer dial anymore.

This RED dial is way off and it screams FAKE.

IMG_3185.jpg

Take a close look at the minute markers on the dial they almost disappear and are hardly visable.

As i said the RED dial is of a very poor quality.

IMG_3228.jpg

Carpe Diem

Cats

Thanks for the great pics, so of the two mbk 1680 subs would you suggest the "white" sub over the "red"? and that dial does have "some" glow from the lume....thanks very much agian.

And how many WIS have you ever run into?

Lots of 'em....

Stephane is one actually :p

Back on subject, I agree that the new "red 1680" MBW dial stinks, and has definitely gone in reverse as far a quality is concerned. I'm almost sad that I sold all of my old "red" MBW's!

Red dial has always been very easy to call out on the MBW... new and old.

The red SUBMARINER font is totally off.

I wrote this back in 2005 and the information is still valid. Now, keeping today's rep standards in mind, I wouldn't give that watch very good review.

The old red 1680 MBW is very inaccurate rep without tons of expensive mods... and even after theose mods the dial just plain sucks. I've seen $90 reps that are more faithful to the gen.

The white one is a great "base watch" though... providing you actually do those (expensive) modifications. The case construction on the old MBW watches is second to none... but then again the crown guards, pearl and default crown are all terrible.