When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trouble shipping to Texas? what?

MasterJere

Hey guys,

I'm kind of new to this whole replica arena and I was just told by one of the preferred dealers that I have a 90% chance of having the package siezed almost everytime because the customs agents in the state of texas are the worst. Is this true? If so... How would you recommend I get around this? Have it shipped to a family member in another state, then have them forward it to me?

I have never heard of anything like this till now... please help a lost lemming.

Jeremiah

I live in Texas and received 4 watches in the last year without any problems. Also your watch in not clearing customs in Texas, mine always cleared customs in San Francisco,CA - first entry into US from China, and from there it went to USPS for delivery to Texas.

Customs checks here first, and if you're a NOOB RWG member, they hold your watch until you become a supporter!!!

Kidding! :D You won't know until you try! I'm not from TX, but I have ordered about 50 watches outside of CONUS and so far, no worries!

I don't know who started this B.S. but there is no greater risk in Texas than anywhere else in the US. Customs is not in Dallas. The packages are either check via San Fransisco or JFK in New York.

I have been collecting for over 20 years and live in Texas and NEVER had a problem!

I don't know who started this B.S. but there is no greater risk in Texas than anywhere else in the US. Customs is not in Dallas. The packages are either check via San Fransisco or JFK in New York.

I have been collecting for over 20 years and live in Texas and NEVER had a problem!

Consider yourself lucky then. Many people have posted about issues with DFW Customs. Of course, they all could be making stuff up ... :rolleyes:

And yes, there is a large customs facility at DFW ...

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contact...rts/tx/5501.xml

Packages are checked in many places. My orders to Ohio have all gone through Chicago up to this point, not SF or JFK.

Knock on wood, I haven't had any problems yet either ... :)