When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new AP straps just arrived... (Sachin + White Themes)

ecsm

Just got 2 new straps for my sec @ 12 today. The first is a custom made Sachin blue croc and the second is an AP bands tan calf.

I ended up with the custom sachin strap because the correct strap wasn't available from the cartel when I ordered the watch. By the time the strap was available for order, my strap maker had started work on the strap. The fit isn't the best but I love the way it turned out. The fit actually isn't that bad in person.

The price is very fair for a gen croc strap. Do note that the sachin strap from the dealers is printed.

The AP bands strap build quality is good and works well with the rep end links! Nuff said, onto the pictures!!!

Wrist shots!!

IMG_0089Medium.jpg

IMG_0090Medium.jpg

IMG_0087Medium.jpg

IMG_0086Medium.jpg

IMG_0085Medium.jpg

IMG_0084Medium.jpg

IMG_0082Medium.jpg

I do like colors but the strap was modeled after the gen Sachin. The rep end links fit the AP bands strap without any modification. Plug and play.

Oracle end links and straps won't work with AP bands or rep end links and straps. I've tried...

Edited by ecsm

I do like colors but the strap was modeled after the gen Sachin. The rep end links fit the AP bands strap without any modification. Plug and play.

Oracle end links and straps won't work with AP bands or rep end links and straps. I've tried...

Wow! You're lucky! I ordered 3 straps from AP Bands and all three needs a shaving of about 1/8th" to fit them properly! It was a bummer!

One was this brown Hornback:

aprooonbrncroc2.jpg

aprooonbrncroc1.jpg

and here's the three:

apbands2uk8.jpg

I guess the stitching colour is to signify the colours of the Indian flag? That's what a guy at work said when he saw the pic of the watch.

Wow! You're lucky! I ordered 3 straps from AP Bands and all three needs a shaving of about 1/8th" to fit them properly! It was a bummer!

and here's the three:

apbands2uk8.jpg

Do the straps normally come with that case?

From your pics, those AP Bands have some MAJOR GAPS between the strap and the watch casing after they are installed on the endlinks!!

Man that strap compability quality sucks in my opinion. But cool box from AP Bands :)

You should have tried getting your straps from Strapluxe. Perfect fitment from the pics I have seen from others and from my own experience.

Edited by watchturbo

From your pics, those AP Bands have some MAJOR GAPS between the strap and the watch casing after they are installed on the endlinks!!

Man that strap compability quality sucks in my opinion. But cool box from AP Bands :)

You should have tried getting your straps from Strapluxe. Perfect fitment from the pics I have seen from others and from my own experience.

My AP Bands strap doesn't have major gaps between the strap and the case. I have the Oracle kit which is much worse. I've yet to try strapluxe thou...

I guess the stitching colour is to signify the colours of the Indian flag? That's what a guy at work said when he saw the pic of the watch.

Do the straps normally come with that case?

The straps came with that case !

• 3 weeks later...

Come on already. Stop with these posts. You are obviously upset with AP Bands quality over your strapluxe brand straps. You are strapluxe.com. Everyone knows this, stop it already. It's so childish. Let the products speak for themselves.

Remember these are reps here, not the real thing but close.

All you do across all forum boards is shill and "try" to bring down other strapmakers. For that reason alone I wouldn't buy from you. I was considering the IWC straps you offer for my big pilots but this behavior is a major deterrent

Come on already. Stop with these posts. You are obviously upset with AP Bands quality over your strapluxe brand straps. You are strapluxe.com. Everyone knows this, stop it already. It's so childish. Let the products speak for themselves.

All you do across all forum boards is shill and "try" to bring down other strapmakers. For that reason alone I wouldn't buy from you. I was considering the IWC straps you offer for my big pilots but this behavior is a major deterrent

hmmm..Im not sure watchturbo is strapluxe...

anyway..I've bought straps from strapluxe before and I am very happy..

Im about to get one from APbands but they are more expensive (almost $350, while gen is about $500)and I have been told that the hornbacks are not much better than the rep hornback.

hmmm..Im not sure watchturbo is strapluxe...

anyway..I've bought straps from strapluxe before and I am very happy..

Im about to get one from APbands but they are more expensive (almost $350, while gen is about $500)and I have been told that the hornbacks are not much better than the rep hornback.

He absolutely is. Just read his follow up posts. Also he was caught shilling on another rolex forum. I think there are so many great vendors and I have straps from a lot of them. HKTAN, TedSu, Strapmasters, etc.

It's just better to keep it fair as possible. Competition is great but childish behavior is just ......well just that and not necessary.

I also have 1 hornback from AP Bands for my Panerai and it's something that isn't offered from others. It's a single row.

• 2 weeks later...

My word those are nice straps! When will they be ready to order? Thank you.

Just thought I show my first prototypes as well.

The straps for AP watches are a bI@t.. to make.

I forgot the pin so I just pushed a springbar in to hold the strap in place.

With the real pin it should have a better fit:

AP-BRAP2.jpg

AP-BR1.jpg

AP-BRAP1.jpg

AP-BRAP3.jpg

AP-BRAPwrist.jpg

WTF ????????????

Just speaking my own thoughts/experiences my friend. I am a very satisfied customer of Strapluxe and you can't smack me down for that.