When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Formula 1 Indy 500 quartz chronograph

azerbyjam

This has to be one of the best quartz reps I've seen - the fact that it has the right chrono function sets it apart from any other quartz chrono rep I've seen.

Only big (maybe not that big) flaw I noticed was that the "Swiss Made" text should be between the 2 lower rings, not on/under the bottom one.

The caseback is fairly accurate, but the model number is off - should be CAC111B.

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken, the 0S20 is the movement used in 99% of cheap quartz chrono's, from reps to Wal-mart specials, with hour-minute-second totalizers, but no split seconds, so despite the positioning of the words "swiss made" being wrong, I think Silix's is a much better deal.

I loved the white one too, but the only place I found a mention of it in the entire net was on an eBay forum where the buyer was told it was fake by his watch smith, so I ordered tyhe same model azerbyjam is reviewing (still waiting.....)

Nice little review, I have also considered to buy this model for some time. Especially thanks for the movement pic!

There seems to be two different versions of this new Indy. The one on Trustys webpage has a very thick white border around the TAG Heuer logo. This is what prevented me from buying this model earlier. The version on Silix' page looks better.

The clasp is a little bit different on the gen. The recess where you put in your fingernail to lift the clasp is more rounded. Minor details, though...

The white face model does look very good, but as far as I know, it is a fantasy model. There was a discussion on Timezone about the white faced Indy replicas. Some nice pictures in this thread as well.

Timezone: "White faced Indy 500 CAC111A?"

The genuine can sometimes be bought for just 500 USD.

I got this one from Josh about a year ago...the same one trusty has which has too big of a white border around the emblem. Just a heads up, I don't think the bracelet is SS on that one. It feels a lot like the cheap metal used in the canal street reps (Pot metal). AT least it doesn't have near the weight of a good SS bracelet.

The movement in these is just like the real deal, and the split seconds quartz chrono is actually a neat/fun movement. For the price it makes a fantastic beater and has been with me through painting and pressure cleaning my house, as well as many other tasks including crawling through the attic, etc.

Hey does this watch have the "Tag Heuer" Engravings on the side of the case without the chronograph buttons?

as seen in the 3rd picture on the bottom http://www.precisiontime.co.uk/tag-heuer-c...atch-p-495.html

Nope, missing that bit.

Just another small detail that I noticed from those pictures, the rep doesn't have the two small indents on the inside of each of the outer links in the bracelet as shown in the second picture.