When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Titanium Ever?

Watchwatcher

OK guys, i've been searching for a while and I keep hitting dead ends. I'm looking for a nice sub or otherwise solid watch in titanium, as I currently have no titaniums in my collection. Looking for case diameters of 40-44mm. Thickness of 10-13MM. Ti bracelet. ETA movement.

I like the Breitling Seawolf... but no one seems to have it in Titanium... am i missing something here (Ti would be a killer in this model). Josh advertises it... but with SS case & bracelet???

I like the Oris Titan 300M Diver (gen) but no black face available, only luminous.

NO IWCs-- i realize these were nice, but i also have heard they have their own peculiarities, i'm looking for 99%.

I suspect WM has vintage 036 with tobacco face in titanium, but haven't seen one lately, and not they type to pay 1K for a rep.

Would LOVE to see one of those new Tag Heuer Chronos in Ti... anyone with me on this one?

i agree with that 100%

chrono avenger with swiss 7750 (though its expensive 800USD!!!)

iwc gst

chrono avenger with asian 7750? what are we talking....? would you go with the avenger or wait it out and hope for the Seawolf in Ti??? That's the one I'd really like... only 13mm thick... very manageable on a medium size wrist.

the 036 is NOT $1000... $225 or so probably. Silix has them for around that, at least...

um... something tells me you don't know WM. sorry not to be a little more clear... i was referring to some of his vintage masterpieces which only come available from time to time... and they can be pricey, but absolutely spectacular...

asian avenger and swap movements. you can find brand new valjoux 7750 for a couple hundred. the chorno avenger is one of the most accurate reps out there, and you can find gen dials fairly commonly.

chrono avenger with asian 7750? what are we talking....? would you go with the avenger or wait it out and hope for the Seawolf in Ti??? That's the one I'd really like... only 13mm thick... very manageable on a medium size wrist.

Sean (etaswiss.net) has a Pam 106 - Submersible in titanium which I haven't seen any of the other dealers carrying.

That would fit your specs very well. Cool looking watch.

um... something tells me you don't know WM. sorry not to be a little more clear... i was referring to some of his vintage masterpieces which only come available from time to time... and they can be pricey, but absolutely spectacular...

Maybe I'm missing something...

First, a 'vintage 036' does not exist. PAM 036 is a 1998 Vendôme special edition. 500 units produced.

Secondly I have never seen a Watchmaster version of the PAM 036 which I am referring to... If i'm incorrect, please show me.

I have seen two versions from multiple dealers on this board (Silix, Joshua to name two) that is virtually indistinguishable from the original, using a swiss Unitas with unmodified bridge shapes (being 1998 production, this is correct, the 036 is the only display back model with unmodified bridge plates) Additionally, at least one of these versions has a perfect unbeveled 2mm crown and no recessed pin problem. (Silix).

Perhaps you were mistakenly referring to a Watchmaster tobacco dialed one-off vintage (which would be steel, by the way) as a PAM 036?

Again, if i'm wrong, please show me.

A PAM 036 as I describe would fit the bill described by the original post quite well, too.

Edited by Jonathan

i agree with that 100%

chrono avenger with swiss 7750 (though its expensive 800USD!!!)

iwc gst

I got a white dial version from Silix and it cost much less than 800! Go ask them, you may be surprised :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As for the seawolf, I have one already, it's out of production apparently... if you find one get it, not many genuine titanium made reps around nowadays.

ok, some good input here.

looks like it comes down to Chrono Avenger or Pam 106. In regard to the 106, i'd want to confirm that the case is Ti, and that we don't have a problem with the bezel markers (the most frequent complaint i've heard on the pam subs).

The pam 036 has from time to time caught my eye, but just seems a little plain, and i have several other pams. I think WM's vintage was a radiomir with brown face, which for some reason reminded me of the 036 (in retrospect it was a killer piece, just pricey).

i like the idea of buying a swiss7750 and swapping it into the Avenger, seems like the most cost efficient route. thanks again all for your comments.

The other one you'll want is PAM192 in genuine titanium with lemania "venus copy" handwind movement. I don't think the old ones are made any more. New ones are bead blasted to give a titanium look.

Anyone know where to get a titanium bracelet for it?

Also, hope an Omega SMP or SMP chrono is made in titanium. The chrono with the pink gold and titanium is kinda different too.

Titan black faces are available.

Check out FOOF: http://www.friendsoforis.com/board.php

Their prices are great & service's the best.

there is no Oris titan 300M with a black face (except for the 300M chrono which is 16mm thick). there is a 200M tt1 in S/S with black face, and there is a 1000M diver with black carbon fiber face--however this is also 16mm thick. I would love oris to introduce the same watch as the titan luminova (13mm thick/display back) but with a black face. if you can verify that there is in fact a new non-chrono titan 300m (titanium) with black face, please provide a link to the information and price.

Edited by Watchwatcher