When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Windows XP PowerToys - image resizer

hackR

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but figure the admin-gods will re-position if they feel it's needed...i posted it here so that it would get some "exposure"...

Microsoft has a nifty add-on program to Windows XP called "image resizer"...here is the link: Microsoft PowerToys - image resizer and others

Look for the program on the right side of the page...you simply save/run it and it will install the program...after install, when you right-click on a large image file the windows menu will now have an option to re-size the image...medium size images (800x600) fit a normal RWG page...very handy...

I know there are many sizing programs, but this one is free and amazingly simple -- quite remarkable that it actually came from Microsoft!...

Enjoy...R

this tool is just a resizer...no editting capability - just sizing...

for most shots, i shoot at a high pixel rate using a macro setting...i download to a folder...i then select all the pix i like...using this tool, i then select/highlight all the pix i want to resize...once selected, i right-click, select the size - (medium 800X600) works best for RWG pages, enter...it then creates a copy of the selected pix in the new size with a "filename (medium)" name...i then upload the pix to imageshack and then post to RWG pages...

works quickly when you don't need to crop or change the original image in some way other than sizing...

R-