When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Posting from UK to China using EMS

metaljesus

Hi folks,

I'm in the UK and need to return a watch to the dealer in China, who has said "please send by register airmail or ems". Does anyone know, if I want it to be delivered in China by EMS, who do I ship it with from the UK? I've spent some time on the ems.com.cn and really cant figure it out. Do I just sent with Royal Mail? I'm guessing that it would be silly to send it without tracking, but then the only fully tracked option costs over

Hi folks,

I'm in the UK and need to return a watch to the dealer in China, who has said "please send by register airmail or ems". Does anyone know, if I want it to be delivered in China by EMS, who do I ship it with from the UK? I've spent some time on the ems.com.cn and really cant figure it out. Do I just sent with Royal Mail? I'm guessing that it would be silly to send it without tracking, but then the only fully tracked option costs over

I'd advise against EMS. Airmail is by far the safest way - it'll take a while (3-4 weeks isn't unusual), but you're far less likely to be caught by Chinese customs.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so my package left the UK sent via airmail. According to Royal Mail its been given to the Chinese mail service.

Del_RFC, you implied that airmail can me tracked in China after it leaves the UK? Can you let me know how? I cant see any tracking options on the China Post webpage?

http://www.chinapost.cn/english/index-e.htm

It isnt delivered by EMS internally in China, is it? Their tracking page doesnt give any results.

Cheers for the help.

New forum so I thought I might get involved again ;)

It will be delivered by China post. There is no way of tracking it.

For future ref. Parcel Force(EMS) are very quick and relable.

I send 5-10 watches back at a time. Would work out pricey for 1 watch but they get there in 3-4 days.

:)

Yeah im considering switching to a europe based dealer. The thing that made me go with a China based one for my first few watches was the fact they were almost 1/3 cheaper than the UK dealer I spoke to (not you) and delivery time was 1 week instead of 3. For the exact same product ...

But now i dont have the watch and am waiting around for ages before i get it back, so I'll consider a UK based one for my next few orders.