When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pvd coating in europe

rkdk

So i bought a very nice pam 028. It has the right cyclops, soprod mvmt, a gen crown, perfect datewheel, and the lume is just right.

Only thing it needs is the right pvd coating. Ive spoken to rolli for a while, but it seems his pvd connection was lost somehow, and im now looking for somewhere else to get it done.

Does anyone here have some good experience?

cheers

rkdk

not lost....

simple too expensive....

for my last pvd coating i had to order a single machine as single batch,

because for my special pvd color and procedure, the other customers of the company couldn't get the same machine,

that's why i had to pay for a single batch. euro 300,--. , and this is too much for the other members.

when i have a new price list, then i will let you know.

rolli

So i bought a very nice pam 028. It has the right cyclops, soprod mvmt, a gen crown, perfect datewheel, and the lume is just right.

Only thing it needs is the right pvd coating. Ive spoken to rolli for a while, but it seems his pvd connection was lost somehow, and im now looking for somewhere else to get it done.

Does anyone here have some good experience?

cheers

rkdk

You can contact avitt under PM. good luck with your project. I got one dlc project ahead which should be done by avitt. If you got a really nice timepiece it has to be dlc rather than pvd. This is also offered by avitt. just drop him a line.

You can contact avitt under PM. good luck with your project. I got one dlc project ahead which should be done by avitt. If you got a really nice timepiece it has to be dlc rather than pvd. This is also offered by avitt. just drop him a line.

Can contact with Hijack can give DLC/PVD in Spain.

And now mine question where can i find a 028 with Soprod?

thanks.

No worries Rolli. Im just eager to get my project finished:-)

Whats the contact to avitt?

I trust that Rolli has the colour matched, and my 028 is also awaiting the same PVD treatment.

If we all just get a bunch of people wanting to get the 028s done, I'm sure it'll be easier for Rolli once there are enough of us. I'll be patient as I know Rolli will get the correct one done. I don't know if Avitt has colour matched his PVD to the correct colour for this PAM. The DLC is something I am thinking of going for though.

Where did you get the correct cyclops from? and who did the lume? I'm not sure I'll bother with the lume but I need that correct cyclops.

The DLC is great, no doubt about that, but if you are trying to get your rep as close to gen as possible, then you need the correct PVD. As far as I know only 2 people ever did that. Finepics way back when, and the company he used got taken over and won't do it anymore (in the UK I believe), and Rolli. No one else has colour-matched the PVD perfectly apart from these two, as far as I know.

However, if you are not bothered about getting your watch close to gen, then DLC is fine if you prefer that :tu:

Edited by Chronus

i'll let you all know when everything will be alright and also in terms of prices.

rolli

Rolli's a great guy :tu:

I guess I'm prepared to wait for a few months to find out what happens :)

Can contact with Hijack can give DLC/PVD in Spain.

And now mine question where can i find a 028 with Soprod?

thanks.

these were made in a limited run a few years ago using the same movement as the genuine.

you'll be lucky to find one for $1k on the trading boards... it'll probably cost more.

HMM. i think im going to ait for rolli too.

I know he has the testure and color locked down.

my 028 has the gen automatic crow, lello datwheel, ssurfer cyclops, and a The Zigmeister lumed dial. This one needs to be perfect:-)

HMM. i think im going to ait for rolli too.

I know he has the testure and color locked down.

my 028 has the gen automatic crow, lello datwheel, ssurfer cyclops, and a The Zigmeister lumed dial. This one needs to be perfect:-)

Agreed. I gotta get hold of a cyclops and datewheel though!

Agreed. I gotta get hold of a cyclops and datewheel though!

the last couple of days there were FS threads for both of them - lello DW and chieftang cyclops

I am waiting for a DW - after I install it I will see if it needs a better cyclops...

I have an aftermarket PVD coating applied on mine (not sure where it was done but it looks like the GEN one) - and I have a spare case as well with the rep PVD // the difference is day vs. night!

the last couple of days there were FS threads for both of them - lello DW and chieftang cyclops

I am waiting for a DW - after I install it I will see if it needs a better cyclops...

I have an aftermarket PVD coating applied on mine (not sure where it was done but it looks like the GEN one) - and I have a spare case as well with the rep PVD // the difference is day vs. night!

I replied to opcrown (i think) but have had no reply :(

The chieftang cyclops works on other models, but on this one you need the sssurfer one. I think this one had a double cyclops.

I replied to opcrown (i think) but have had no reply :(

The chieftang cyclops works on other models, but on this one you need the sssurfer one. I think this one had a double cyclops.

empty your PM inbox, I have a very interesting PM for you... ;)