When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Submariner Service Question

mat944

Just a general question about having a Sub serviced outside of an AD. I have one in need of service and a relume. Just hate to continue to spend the crazy service fee. Like to hear thoughts about having it done outside of the AD and possibly some recommendations! Thanks

Just a general question about having a Sub serviced outside of an AD. I have one in need of service and a relume. Just hate to continue to spend the crazy service fee. Like to hear thoughts about having it done outside of the AD and possibly some recommendations! Thanks

First off, forget the re-lume.

Now as for service, a Rolex certified watchmaker can handle it just fine.

My guy Charges $275.00 plus parts. So if you just need a cleaning, oiling and regulation...It's $275.00.

Parts are cost plus labor.

My buddy just had his 16610 serviced with a new Barrel and spring. Cost $345.00

Your results may vary.

Wow, $275 is pretty darn good. I've had mine for approx. 14 yrs. Not sure of the production year or serial #, but I can find that. By far the most durable (like a tank) watch I've ever owned. Doesn't get the attention it deserves due to all the reps in the watch box. I get a good laugh when I go into the AD and look at the current prices! Thanks for the info. guys

I use my AD. I'm lucky to have one that has their own watchservicing staff. They have 2 on hand and one worked for ROlex for 20 years before leaving.

They charge $500 the same as the RSC but the difference is that if they replace a dial, they give you your old one back and they have a 2 year warranty. If you need a regulation or something goes wrong, bring it in and they'll take care of fit and give you a service Rolex to wear while they have your's.

I took my 5513 there and it was great. Turn around time was only 2 weeks. Wore a modern Sub while they had mine.

My AD is Mednikow Jewlers.

The guy I use charges $180 for cleaning and oiling. Turns the watch around in week. So far I have not had to replace anything in my 16800 but that is about to change as the date change spring is getting week so the next time it is in for service I will have him take care of that as well.

He works on any swiss watch