When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do You Believe $188 For This Crap Lv

crystalcranium

You know it's funny but just looking at the watch in an un-bias way it's not half bad, yes I know there are many probs but I'm sure that if I came across that watch before finding this site I would have been happy.

This is a general public watch, our dealers know we wont buy it but they are probably safe in the knowledge that if thats all they can get there will still be many outside these forums that will lap them up.

Ken

You know it's funny but just looking at the watch in an un-bias way it's not half bad, yes I know there are many probs but I'm sure that if I came across that watch before finding this site I would have been happy.

This is a general public watch, our dealers know we wont buy it but they are probably safe in the knowledge that if thats all they can get there will still be many outside these forums that will lap them up.

Ken

Considering I am new to the whole replica watch scene I am curious as to what is wrong with this watch?

Considering I am new to the whole replica watch scene I am curious as to what is wrong with this watch?

Well, for starters the crown guards are far too heavy. Secondly the date font is way off - the magnification is probably also wrong. The rectangular hour markers are also too small by some way.

That's just for starters - I'm sure some of the real Rolex aficionado's can spot another dozen or so problems... I don't own one yet... One day!!!

Well, for starters the crown guards are far too heavy. Secondly the date font is way off - the magnification is probably also wrong. The rectangular hour markers are also too small by some way.

That's just for starters - I'm sure some of the real Rolex aficionado's can spot another dozen or so problems... I don't own one yet... One day!!!

Yeah, right - there's lot more wrong on this watch. Too much to describe, but here some more quickies:

- Color of Insert wrong

- ugly "Pearl" on Insert

- can't judge the Rehaut, but pretty sure it's too shallow

- etched Crown at 6 is not visible on the Pic, but will be off too for sure

- thin Hands, the LV should have fat Hands

- thin markers on Dial, LV should have "Maxi-Dial" with bigger markers

I'm sure there's still a dozen flaws yet not described, but that one is so awful - there's no need to point out more...

Easy to get a much much more accurate one for the same price from our Dealers here.

My LV on top look much better than the one below and I paid less than that. Notice the difference in hour markers and the hands? On the top picture the hour markers and the hands are fatter than the one below. They call this Maxi Dial. LV model should have this kind of dial.

104060-25578.jpg

104060-25579.png

Edited by HighDef

I admit I got my first few FM reps from Walter. He actually is a good guy, returns emails and shows pictures of the watches you will buy. He even did a return once. His only problem is that his watches are about three times too much. It could have been much worse.

I agree, I liked Walter very much. His customer service was first rate. He was actually something of an aberration in my early experience as he actually returned emails and actually replaced a 3 watch order that was seized in Alaska customs. His former watch business collasped due to a falling out with suppliers and the fact that his wife just had a baby daughter. I think if he carried a first rate product and charged honestly for it, he might be able to do a better business here as a trusted dealer. He just charged me what I was willing to pay and this business is very much "the buyer beware".