When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getatwatch Co. - homage watches

JohnG

Quick review and pics of a couple of watches I bought from a site I saw discussed a while back on RepGeek. The company is called Getatwatch Co., they are a China based dealer of sterile Pam and "Marina Militare" watches, cases, movements, dials, hands, etc... They also sell some "Parnis" (a Chinese homage manufacturer) Pilot and U-Boat homages. I bought a "Zitc" Oris homage and a sterile Pam Radiomir homage. Site url is siswatch727.com/index.do

The transation was fast and easy and the watches are beautiful. I highly recommend this seller.

Received email Friday that package was shipping (I think I ordered Weds or Thurs). Arrived today. Well packaged, lots of bubble wrap, each watch in a simple black box with a black cushion.

This is my first experience with homages and I have to say it was a great one. At least based on this one purchase, you get a LOT of bang for the buck and I think that the prices on our reps may be inflated by the illicit nature of the business (prices reflect risk to seller and include cost of seizures). Homages may be sold openly and legally and my guess is that this is why the quality, relative to the price, seems much higher. I am planning on buying a couple of U-Boat homages and maybe a BP homage as well. If those purchase confirm my theory, I think I will be buying homages rather than reps whenever possible.

Anyway, here are my purchases:

1. Oris Homage - 44mm. Beautifully finished, VERY heavy, quartz chrono. Lume on hands decent, but on markers almost non-existent. Appears to have some AR - blue tint to crystal under direct light.

Price was $85.

Imagen085.jpg

Imagen045.jpg

Imagen048.jpg

Imagen052.jpg

Imagen064.jpg

Imagen074.jpg

Imagen060.jpg

2. PVD Radiomir homage. Beautiful! Nice satin PVD finish (crown is slightly glossy though, not same finish as case). Black sandwich dial, black numerals, lume on hands ONLY. Lume in nice when recently charged, but fades rapidly. I will do the hands at some point, worthwhile given the effect of the lumed hands on a blacked out sandwhich dial.

Strap is nubuck leather, nice, but somewhat small. I have a 7 3/4" wrist, must put strap in last hole (so no "tail"). Color (charcoal) compliments watch very nicely. Solid caseback, Asian 6497 movement, no markings anywhere on watch - totally sterile. Very nice piece - never thought I would buy a Radiomir, just didn't like the look of them that much, but this one is gorgeous and truly unique.

Price also $85. Shipping for both items via EMS to Spain was $33 I believe. It is less to U.S. and Canada.

Imagen079.jpg

Imagen077.jpg

Imagen081.jpg

Imagen083.jpg

Imagen084.jpg

Edited by JohnG

Nice pick up on those. For the price, it can't be beat.

I've ordered a couple myself, but one was a custom build, so I will wait a little.

I paid $201 shipped EMS to the USA for both of mine.

Great!

Thanks for coming over to post in my thread man! No one here is speaking to me anymore. :lol:

I got two PAM Homages from them to play with and an A6497 with a free extra H3 cannon pinion! All their A6497 based watches have the tall cannon pinion!

Nice, in-expensive PAM Homage to hone your skills.....luming, breakdown or maybe servicing! I'm starting with the lume and

cannon pinion upgrade jobs!

Guest avitt
I don't understand. How are these different than the watches at the cartels?

I bought one MM Luminor case from Jackson, and there are a few differences from normal rep cases. For one thing, the bezel construction is different: On a rep, the bezel is a thin ring that presses over a lip or [censored] in the case (either with or without a gasket). The crystal is held in place by this [censored], and the bezel fits around the crystal. The MM bezel is much heavier, and actually presses into the case (there is no lip on the case). The bezel is difficult/impossible to remove. The crystal is held by the bezel itself.

There are also some differences in the shape of the case and lugs.

I did check to see if standard rep crown guards, case backs, and screw bars fit...they all do.

Overall, I'd say that they are great for homage pieces, but just OK if the objective is replicating a Pam.

A couple of months back, I bought one of the Parnis watches from the Bay. It was an homage to an IWC minute repeater. Repeater lever was non-functional, of course. However it has a decent asian Unitas movement, with decoration. Black face, chrome(ish) hands and numerals. It keeps excellent time (~+4 sec/day). The band it came with was [censored], so I replaced it with a good calf strap. But the watch was well worth the $31 it cost me, + $10 shipping.

I don't see that Oris homage?! Anyone see it on the site?

Here you go...... link doesn't work :(

All the watches are listed under size.

Ken

Edit.....44mm.....chronograph.....presto :)

Thanks for the link and pics - as someone who's considering a PAM at some point but aware that he'll not be able to afford a truly accurate one, these will be a good starting point at which to see if they suit me or not, will still look good, and for a decent price! B)

Hi,

can't see the ORIS homage watch on the website, have they run out of stock or no longer selling this?

thanks

PD

Quick review and pics of a couple of watches I bought from a site I saw discussed a while back on RepGeek. The company is called Getatwatch Co., they are a China based dealer of sterile Pam and "Marina Militare" watches, cases, movements, dials, hands, etc... They also sell some "Parnis" (a Chinese homage manufacturer) Pilot and U-Boat homages. I bought a "Zitc" Oris homage and a sterile Pam Radiomir homage. Site url is siswatch727.com/index.do

Hi,

can't see the ORIS homage watch on the website, have they run out of stock or no longer selling this?

thanks

PD

I can't give you the direct link because they use frames, but on main page, navigate first to "Watch" then "44mm" then "44mm Chronograph" - first one is a Hublot homage, second is the Oris homage. Voila!

thanks

I managed to navigate the website and now lusting after the GMTs :D

Given the LOW price and it looks very good from the pics, what is the actual quality like and what is timekeeping on these homage watches like?

When its says Asian movement, is it referring to a 'good' Asian movement ie one of the movements advertised on its website OR the crappy generic '21j' asian movement that has problems!

Which is better quality, black leather strap OR black rubber strap, has anyone ordered a rubber strap?

Cheers

PD

I can't give you the direct link because they use frames, but on main page, navigate first to "Watch" then "44mm" then "44mm Chronograph" - first one is a Hublot homage, second is the Oris homage. Voila!
Edited by P_Diddy

thanks

I managed to navigate the website and now lusting after the GMTs :D

Given the LOW price and it looks very good from the pics, what is the actual quality like and what is timekeeping on these homage watches like?

When its says Asian movement, is it referring to a 'good' Asian movement ie one of the movements advertised on its website OR the crappy generic '21j' asian movement that has problems!

Cheers

PD

Well the movement they sell in the movement section are all hand-wind. The GMT is an automatic, so probably 21j - I guess, I don't know about GMTs...

What would be the best shipping option on these?

Registered Airmail or good old EMS?

I thought both were trackable but which one is bestest?! lol

I am soooo tempted to get one of these, even though I can't afford it...

Damn this rep business, damn it!! :D