When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP dials grey from sun light

peppee78

Bought a SMP replica from Silix half a year ago. It's great and I'v been wearing it alot.

The problem is that the dials have gone gray, probably from much sun exposure! The lumen on the minute/hour pointers are still white though. It's pretty anoying as it is very obvious when looking at it...

Anyone else hade the same issue? Anyone fixed it with new lume paint?

/ Peter

Yo,

I didn't mean the blue background of the dials but the small cream white spots that indicate the numbers 1 - 12...

Anyway see appended picture. It's not very good but I didn't have tools to remove the glass.

If you compare the hour and minute pointers which are white you clearly see that the dial spots have a gray/greenish color. Originally those were the the same color as the pointers.

Actually the same thing happend to my friends SMP earlier this spring after he went to sunny Dubai for a week...

/ Peter

post-23635-1247154760_thumb.jpg

Yo,

I didn't mean the blue background of the dials but the small cream white spots that indicate the numbers 1 - 12...

Anyway see appended picture. It's not very good but I didn't have tools to remove the glass.

If you compare the hour and minute pointers which are white you clearly see that the dial spots have a gray/greenish color. Originally those were the the same color as the pointers.

Actually the same thing happend to my friends SMP earlier this spring after he went to sunny Dubai for a week...

/ Peter

It could be caused by moisture too.

• 1 month later...