When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seadweller

mellus

... yes, you are right ... the case and coin trick ... Pugwash told me ;)

I also got some good results by 'slicing' at the lugs and sides of a case with these :)

DSCN1540.jpg

I just held them open (by the lower handle) and hacked at the case in a kind of slicing motion, and then dragged the blade down the side of the case as well, to create some nice scuffs :) A quick buff with a 4-way nail file blended them in so they looked old, rather than freshly inflicted :) (When doing this, I did not simply hack at the case like a blind woodsman, but aimed slice by slice, as I wanted to create the impression of sustained damage, rather than just a butchered case :lol: )

I also got some good results by 'slicing' at the lugs and sides of a case with these :)

DSCN1540.jpg

I just held them open (by the lower handle) and hacked at the case in a kind of slicing motion, and then dragged the blade down the side of the case as well, to create some nice scuffs :) A quick buff with a 4-way nail file blended them in so they looked old, rather than freshly inflicted :) (When doing this, I did not simply hack at the case like a blind woodsman, but aimed slice by slice, as I wanted to create the impression of sustained damage, rather than just a butchered case :lol: )

You're a sadist, my friend! No wonder your watches have this "take me away" look! :D

You're a sadist, my friend! No wonder your watches have this "take me away" look! :D

:lol: There is that expression about the right tool for the right job... Personally, I go with whatever I've got to hand :lol: ( I have to admit, the gouges I inflicted on the case (especially the lugs) with the scissors, are the ones I'm most satisfied with in my 'vintagizing' project :) )

[Edit to add]

I've studied under the Master, at Nanuq's school for watch modification :lol: