When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Check out this guys' gen collection!

By-Tor

PFFFFTTT Ripkin:"stop buying stupid worthless crap. Invest in a nicer house." Just by looking at the finishings and style this guy does not live in house equal to the normal wealthy persons watch/house proportion..... Id say all his stuff is worth twice his house.....

ME: Buy reps until I buy a nice house.

Get a nice house, save for a rainy day.

Maybe one day think about my holy grail: Daytona SS white face.

Folks - this watch collection is not the Rene Rivkin collection which was auctioned in 1997 - here.

rivkinwatches.crspartners.com.au

Rene's collection included a calculator watch by HP, a Vacheron Constantin - Le Coultre watch with Diamonds for hands, and a Harry Winston dress watch, which fetched around $17K at the auction.

As far as I can tell, they have no connection - other than their last name and wacky watch collections.

thank you Google.

Lump.

I just did a bit of a snoop around too and yes it certainly isn't Aussie Rene and most likely there is no connection other than poor taste.

Ken

I don't mean to be a d-bag but I have never seen so many watches in one collection and not want ANY of them- not even as a gift. I guess my point is that we all have different tastes and we should buy what we like. I was frankly disappointed when I looked at all of those watches and saw nothing I liked. Trust me, I'm no prize but I'd bet that if I met the guy, we wouldn't have a lot to talk about- either that or we'd be the best of friends.

Yeah well... I was mainly talking about the size and the value of his collection... and all those expensive watch brands there. Not necessarily the desirability of the watch models/versions.

I haven't seen as big and expensive gen collections very often. Truth is that most average guys here couldn't afford even ONE Zenith tourbillon/complication. Including me. This guy apparently buys them like reps.

You gotta admit it's an impressive collection in terms of value/quantity/volume/brands (even if you don't like his tastes).

By-Tor, whatever he has in his collection, you and he both seem to share a passionate disliking for Panerai ;)

Yes, I did notice the AWOL sub hand on the Navitimer Olympus. Seems a little odd.

As others have pointed out, the surroundings don't seem to jibe with a collection of that value. Smells a little fishy. Possibly Jetmed's (is that right?) collection?