When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 5004s with no sunken datewheel?

JWR

Previously posted pics:

P7200533.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

mine:

web.jpg

mine is slightly recessed, doesn't appear to be a sunken as in the previous posters pics, but it doesn't appear as unsunken as the ones that Vac modded in his section. AR is at least as good as on my 2 gen aquatimers but the strap is still an utter joke, it's worn through to the plastic under the deployment clasp

mine:

web.jpg

mine is slightly recessed, doesn't appear to be a sunken as in the previous posters pics, but it doesn't appear as unsunken as the ones that Vac modded in his section. AR is at least as good as on my 2 gen aquatimers but the strap is still an utter joke, it's worn through to the plastic under the deployment clasp

where did you got yours`???

Because it gives the possibility to rep. factory to sell you "improved" version lil bit later.

:)

This isn't why they do it as if an "improved" version comes out, it's inevitably from a different factory. Replica factories don't follow the usual rules.

This isn't why they do it as if an "improved" version comes out, it's inevitably from a different factory. Replica factories don't follow the usual rules.

They, actually, do. That's why we have V1, V2, V3, and ULTIMATE versions of the same watch.

No, that's not why.

We are usually the ones that come up with the names, not the factories. Also, don't confuse factories with dealers.

Aha... and we dictate to Josh to put names like V1, V2..etc... on his page, right?

No, I'm not confusing factories and dealers, I'm often in GZ, met few dealers personally, and even visited a few watch factories.

Actually, it's not a watch factories, it's assembling workshops. They recieve movements from 2-3 legit movements factories, who also make reps movements, dials from another legit factory, hands from third, cases and bracelets from fourth, etc, etc, and assemble our beloved replicas.

I asked to assemble few reps according to my specifications, and it was done right on my eyes.

I

...snip....

I still can't believe they're selling it with the PR set to zero, though.

Erm, the PR is set to about 6 1/2, not zero. It would be nice if it were at 7.

I went for the non functional PR version because the dial is way, way more faithful to the gen. And if you were wearing the gen, the indicator is pretty much always going to be at 7 all the time.

I got one recently from Hont, the first proofs he sent me i told him is there anythin gbetter with a correct strap and a non sunken datewheel to my surprise the one i received looked different than his proofs after i pointed that stuff out and this is what i got. It's not really that sunken.

BP2.jpg