When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW Artistry - Back in the Day

Watchmeister

I dug up some of my older watches the other day and was having some fond thoughts about the various projects and thought I would share them here. These are not the $4,000 Vietnam specials but they are works of art in their own right and each has its own little heritage. I thought this an appropriate vignette as we disappear off the grid for a day or so.

The first Ziggy Great White- This is the very first MBW full works that Ziggy did for me. I had bugged him for months and it was only when he got mad at the prices certain other watch smiths (and I use that term very loosely :lol:) were charging. This one sports vintage relume, full case and CG work, gen crystal, watch materials insert with proper tritium pearl and unique properly engraved case back. I would be remiss not to add that Archibald got his hands on it and added his own touches with the case back and the necessary Watchmen vintage datewheel, etc..

DSCN0402.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg

DSCN0400.jpg

The Gift-

As everyone knows Ubi is one of the most wonderful and generous resources around here. And this particular watch just showed up at my doorstep a couple of years ago. Beautifully done with aged insert. It sports a gen T39 flat crystal, gen vintage crown and tube, drilled lugs, shaped CGs, faded bezel, 2846 ETA and watchmeisters datewheel. The caseback is correct for a great white as well. Still trying to find the Nato he sent with it though. :lol:

DSCN0406.jpg

DSCN0407.jpg

DSCN0412.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

DSCN0410.jpg

The Longterm Project-

This red sub started life as one of Tribal's first Rolex mod projects. Several iterations later it has had a dial relume, the usual gen parts additions and some additional case-work and of course another vintage datewheel. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0423.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

DSCN0431.jpg

The Falco 5512

Long time member Falco offered this one up some time ago and I couldn't resist. It has subsequently gone back and forth to Ziggy for clean-up once or twice. This one sports slow beat, gen dial, insert, crown and tube, bracelet, etc.

IMGP2710-1.jpg

IMGP2728-1.jpg

IMGP2717-1.jpg

Have a great weekand all. :)