When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi! From Brisbane

G'day Dan and welcome to RWG :)

You will find a lot of us Aussies here including one of our moderators right next door to you at the Gold Coast.

I am in Melbourne myself and we have another mod based in Sydney.

That Camel watch looks interesting for another point too, it seems to have been put together using a few different watches as parts.

You have certainly done the right thing by reading through our forum as we have a wealth of knowledge here that will answer all your questions before making a purchase.

If you put up a pic of your Swiss army watch I am sure there will be someone here that can shine a bit of light about it for you.

Ken

Welcome aboard Dan!

We have a few members here in sunny Queensland.

As Ken said, I'm on the coast, and we have another very active member on the Sunny coast, plus a couple in Bris Vegas.

If you ever come down to the coast, shoot me a PM, and we can catch up.

Offshore

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm active on a few forums for other hobbies and I must say, RWG is a very friendly and mannerly forum.

Offshore, I get to both coasts regularly depending on the waves and KB, I get Melbs a couple of times a year on business, so would be excellent to see your your collections in the flesh. To my knowledge I've never actually laid eyes on a high quality replica.

My next step in properly identifying the Swiss Army is to take some pics, so once batteries are charged I'll post em here.

I do have a couple Aus specific questions which I'd like to pick the knowledge of your experience on... Do we have any dealers of good reps out here or do you guys always source internationally? And, how tough are our customs for single imports?

Thanks again!

Dan,

No, there aren't any dealers in Oz.(or not any we can recommend)

Customs shouldn't pose problems, unless you have an invoice attached showing over $1k- then you'll get hit with GST.

Obviously there shouldn't be any reference to "replica"

Offshore

Whoo Hoo! Another SEQLDer! Welcome mate. That makes at least four of us, OS who you just met, my self at Woodford and Danni_1 in the sunny coast hinterland. I reckon we have about enough for a GTG soon. Sydney first tho.

If you havn't allready done so, click the link in my sig and add yourself to the Aussie GTG list.

Regards, Col.

Thanks for the info offshore. Before the forum went down, I read as much as I could and have made my first payment for purchase this morning.

I went for the famous noobmariner, simply because there's so much info and conjecture about it, that it will be good for point of reference. I ordered from Eurotimez who's been very helpful with my noobery. I've found them to be excellent to deal with so far.

Trailboss: Great to hear there's more of us! Will definately be keen for a GTG Sunny or Gold Coast or even Melbs. I work about 70-90hr weeks, including weekends and so, have to plan well in advance.