When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Datewheel vs Rep Datewheel on the 7750

JohnDorian

Duh Right here:

Okay, I see it, maybe as a finishing touch but the "SUN" on my 3717 looks sharper than that...

I think I will go for the superume and Double AR first. I think I would rather save the date wheel swap money to contribute towards ETA 7750 gen movement installation fund.

• 2 weeks later...

The newest date wheels on watches like the V3 3717 look pretty much dead on to me to a gen. Is the swap even necessary anymore?

Are there any side by side comparisons of A7750 vs Gen 7750 date wheel?

I know on the Ingy, it's a must have but that has a totally different font.

Hi John,

Where would i be able to find the V3 3717?

Thank you.

I actually felt that even on the v3, the ETA day and datewheels still line up better than what is in the Rep. My 3717 should be heading off to Zig in late September for the wheel swap, lume, some dialwork, and then off for some AR.

Figured I'd hold off on service and just let the A7750 die in time, then will swap an ETA or gen mvmt from Herr Concepta.

Cheers.

Guest techlogik

I just received my 3717. The day/date wheels is lined up perfect. But, the lettering is thinner and not as bold as the Gen...when you see the Gen day/date wheel, it is a pretty glaring difference. To the casual observer, looks fine.

Here is mine..sorry, the hand is partially covering the Day...but compare that to the Gen...the thickness is much nicer and readable/prominant on the Gen.

33clkr7.jpg

IWCPics004.jpg

Edited by techlogik

Guest techlogik

Any chance for a comparison set to the same day/date. A bit more apples to apples comparison?

Thanks,

Guess I could, the photo I took makes the font appear bolder than it is. I can ensure that the font is not as bold as the Gen.

Edited by techlogik

Any chance for a comparison set to the same day/date. A bit more apples to apples comparison?

Thanks,

Here you go, taken for this thread:

7750-datewheels-640.jpg

Click to embiggen

I don't know if it's as obvious as it should be, but Rep on left, Gen on right.

What's unusual is that the rep datewheel is accurate for the IWC GST. The print on reps must be the same as older gen 7750 wheels.