When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New forum looks great but I can't find the new posts

Most likely this is due to the format change of the PM system. You will have to send a new PM to reply.

Here are problems i found with the new forum:

1. I can't read or see my own messages any more from all my home's computers and laptop

2. I can only see the first page of the for sale section

3. Slow like hell.

4. Search funtion don't work most of the time.

I am frustated. This is not change for the better.

As a web developer myself, i thought i would sit it out and let the site play out. Unfortunately i agree with DVN it is slow, search doesnt work, template issues with the display of profiles etc.... I Liked the simplicity of RWG before it was cool, as they say if its not broken don't fix it. O and the pm pop up is hit and miss. I would suggest a rollback as this current rendition of the site feels like repgeek with more errors.

Cheers

Daniel

Have you tried updating your browser?

Ken

I am at version 7. It worked perfectly before the switch over to the new format.

As a web developer myself, i thought i would sit it out and let the site play out. Unfortunately i agree with DVN it is slow, search doesnt work, template issues with the display of profiles etc.... I Liked the simplicity of RWG before it was cool, as they say if its not broken don't fix it. O and the pm pop up is hit and miss. I would suggest a rollback as this current rendition of the site feels like repgeek with more errors.

Cheers

Daniel

Thank you for agreed with me Daniel.

Daniel it was broke that's why we had to upgrade, here's the best overall answer so far.....

As to your speed issues we need to get the Admin or a Co-admin to look at that as it is not something that the majority of the members are experiencing.

Ken

You guys need to give me some more details. Telling me that all of this sucks, the site is slow and nothing works is not helpful at all.

The time it takes to generate a webpage on the server is always displayed at the bottom of the page. As I have said before, most pages are generated in less than 0.5 seconds. After the page is generated, the page is then sent to your browser. Now this new look relies havily on CSS and stylesheets. Because of this, there are not that many pictures that needs to be downloaded to your computer, so the pages should load fairly fast. We are on a very fast connection our of NL and most members have reported a significant improval of the speed after the upgrade. Have you perhaps tried a trace-route to the server?

Also, why is the PM popup a hit and miss? Is it that you just don't like it because of the design? Is it to obtrusive? If you don't like it, feel free to use "My settings" to turn it off"

Also, what part of the search does not work? We are using the same search engine we used on the old format (Sphinx), so there should be no difference in how it indexes the content of all posts. Do you get an error message when you use it? What is the error message?

Same with template issues for profiles. Where? Screenshot?

Pretty much everything is working as it is supposed to work for me. Only one thing that I have found so far that does not work and that's the fact that you for some reason can't click "Vew New Content" when you are reading your PM's

We have over 21000 members and perhaps 50 members have some sort of problem so I would imagine that the site works like it is supposed to to for a great majority of the members. That being said; I want things to work as good as possible for all members, but you need to help me out with more details about the stuff that doesn't work for you.

Also, many members have experienced great speed improvements after cleaning out their cookies and temporary internet files. There could be some old cookies from the old domain that screw things up and there could also be some old cached stylesheets, images, etc. that has an impact on your usage of the forum.

Can someone please please tell me how do I start a new thread? I don't seem to be able to find the button!? I can view new posts and I can reply (just like replying to this thread) but I can't find the "Post New Thread" button!! where should I go? help!!

It is called start a new topic and should be at the top right of the thread

Search function is working today for me too. However, when I do a search for 1680 for example, I get every single posting instead of the main topics. So if I look for 1680, I find the post from Archimede called My genuine 1680. Except, currently there are 16 replies to this posting, so I am getting 16 versions of it when i do the search. In the older version, it would only show me the main topic and then I would click on it and get all of the posts within that topic.

Is this a preference setting that I am missing? It is very difficult to find some of the older posts if you have to scroll through every single posting that mentions the word 1680.

Also, just a side note. In the Dark Side of RWG, the RWG logo is missing. It has the IP Board Logo instead.