When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought a Mini Fiddy case set from Jackson Tse

JohnG

Just got this case set from Jackson Tse for a mini-Fiddy sterile stealth dial project, I am not a Pam guy, need opinions on the case. At $35 I am very happy, looks pretty good to me, but just curious what problems it might have.

Since it will be a homage, I am not worried about small details that might be off, but still like to know regardless.

Sorry for the shots, best I could get with a crappy old 2mp camera...

(white balance whacked out on the last few, but doesn't matter for purpose of viewing case):

Imagen043.jpg

Imagen031.jpg

Imagen011.jpg

Imagen004.jpg

Imagen002.jpg

Imagen001.jpg

Imagen006.jpg

Did you do anything to the CG, or did it come like that?

Looks good, mineral crystal I assume? :)

Yup, he doesn't offer sapphire for the domed crystals. I have to say I am just appreciating Jackson more and more. I bought my first replica/homage from him, that got me into PAMs, that brought me to this board, and RG, and I still love wearing my first JTSE titanium cased, 6497 swan neck, tobacco sandwich dial homage :D

Also you can't beat his parts prices, I just finished posting about this on the other forum, but to sum things up here, he sells $30 6497 movements with faux swan neck and H3 canon pinion installed, shipping included. As you can see from above his case prices are great too. Anyway I don't want to sound like an ad for him, so I'll leave it there.

Yes, mineral crystal, if it were sapphire I would feel like I owe him a sex-favor or something...

And yes, the CG came like that - I am going to look up a tutorial on how to flatten/polish pin, but I have definitely seen worse on $300 watches... I am glad to see that my initial positive impression wasn't wrong. And as is often said, it looks better in real life - my camera is pretty old, did the best I know how, but "pics don't do justice." :)

I don't know the details of that model case to really comment on it as such, but, as a watch case, it looks pretty damn good, and will contribute to what should be an awesome project :) Best of luck with it, bro :good:

looks good johng :victory:

i tried to shoot you a PM, and the messenger said you couldn't receive any new messages :g:

could someone point me in the direction of jackson tse's site/photobucket/etc?

thanks in advanace,

deltatahoe

His website is www.jacksontse.com

You'll have to e-mail him for prices, but he responds quickly and courteously.

looks good johng :victory:

i tried to shoot you a PM, and the messenger said you couldn't receive any new messages :g:

could someone point me in the direction of jackson tse's site/photobucket/etc?

thanks in advanace,

deltatahoe

You already got the site, but here are the prices he sent me, anything not on here, just email him (address is on site).

Hi

we do not have sapphire glass for 47mm 1950s watch.

here the catalogue

www.jacksontse.com

Here the price summary for reference with shipping from Hongkong for MM logo or

Sterile face

44mm,45mm auto steel US$65 up (eg. MM01,02,03,04,45,46,114)

*44mm automatic can be upgraded 1) to titanium US$86, 2)to titanium +sapphire US$110

44mm Titanium automatic US$80-90 (eg. MM112,113)

44mm, 45mm handwind steel US$68 up (MM08.09.12,20,34,85,91,93,94,105,120,121)

44mm 45mm PVD handwind US$76 up (MM53,54,85,86,95,106,118)

44mm titanium Handwind US$90 up (MM40,51,55,97, 107)

(44mm handwind can be upgraded at extra US$25, swan neck clone movement extra US$10)

44mm dome 1950s mini handwind US$80 (MM110,111,115)

44mm dome mini 1950s PVD US$85 (MM122)

47mm 1950 steel US$80 (MM13)

47mm 1950 PVD US$86 (mm71)

44mm CHrono (MM37-39) US$190

All Parnis watches (HW13-15, HW25-27) ALL US$70

We have sterile Luminor style 44mm too (without MM logo lik MM105-108, MM93-99)

Payment via pp

Feel free to write me for price

cheers

That looks neat!! in the past, cartel mini fiddy case has problem with the CG not sitting on the case properly... i guess it's improved now... congrats!

Jackson uses cartel cases? I know the different MM sellers have different cases (do not know why though!)

Either way, case looks really nice man! I have 2 jackson homages, and just sold a 3rd, love em all!