When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HKTAN/Aaron

tazzman

Im still waiting for a custom strap (santos 100) from HKTAN, this was ordered in feb-march 09.. ive talked to him a couple of times over email since than and the latest answer for about a month ago was that he was going to make a new strap for me and ship express..after then no answer on emails and no updates..

Anyone talked to him recently or recieved any orders?

- tazz

there was a thread on RG about the same problems with HKTAN...some members were waiting for 9+ months, but this is not a news when it comes to dealing with HKTAN...I really do not understand what's wrong with that guy?! he makes some really nice straps but the waiting time is not acceptable IMO...

the best part is that in the meantime he keeps posting straps FS that apparently he has on stock and members who order them still wait the long period of time to get them in hands!

Edited by dadog13

Sorry Tazz for not replying to your pm.. I'm still in the hospital ... my exit has been delayed.. so with all the test that they have been running .. I have not had a lot of time..

but back to point..

Aaron has had numerous issues with customs out of Thailand.. although he does not reside there.. the straps come out of that Country.

Aaron had been delayed in my orders .. orders that were mde in December 08, have yet to be delivered.

this has not been an issue in the past .. but apparently he is being kept on the radar recently .. some of the straps that I have recieved have been opened by US Customs and sent through .. which is strange since they are reptilian .... so Aaron must of had to procure a CITIS certificate.. which can be very, very time consuming and involves govnt. Officials signatures.

All I can say is email hime and "politely" inquire.. you will get more from that than demanding.. since he is under the gun too from whomever... in this game you never know if someone "dropped a dime"

we'll get the straps although when is out of our hands..

A~C

Lani

• 5 months later...

Since last year I have bought 3 straps from him, also reptilian, and all arrived in around 5-7 weeks. Dealing with him was ok and good short communications.

Weird it is though that he is able to make custom made straps for new customers and does not deliver to other people..

One thing for sure is that we don't always hear his side of the story.

You can still contact him, explain your doubts shorty and ask about current lead time and shipping method. when shipped with registered and tracked mail chances for loosing parcels are less.

you can also check out the watch boys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOR-IWC-Alligator-straps-18mm-19mm-20mm-21mm-22mm_W0QQitemZ350302659130QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518faa623a

• 3 weeks later...