When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Going Deep

freddy333

Is that a MY round font insert I see? Understandable you don't want to bleach it, but there are milder, more controlled methods to achieve the look you want.

Yes, but I do not want to change the color. I debated whether to scratch it up a bit, but I decided against it since new inserts can still be had (for a price) & I think the vintagizing I did to the case, bezel & bracelet achieve the right effect. Enough so that Yuki just said 'Wow~~~ How do you make it, it look perfect. The feeling of the watch look very match and aged, miraculous.' So I think I am calling this project done (at least until Yuki's factory remakes the case with the correct dial size dimensions).

p.s. who's this Ming Quai when he's at home - feel free to email me if you don't want to post it openly ;)

PM sent.

HAHA love the pic with the lighter. You should do one on the "Bond" strap.

I thought that if I used the strap, some people would think the pic is just another shot from 'Goldfinger' instead of something new.

I'm not usually a fan of this vintaged stuff but that's lovely, good job :)

Thank you.

Freddy, stuff like yours just shows me how much I have to learn. Hopefully it will spur me on to better efforts! Beautiful job.

Thank you. Practice makes perfect (though being a perfectionist helps).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...