When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Second Paris Trip Report

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

As always I'd like to share some pictures from our trip. This time it was Paris again. It was kind of a on-the-spot decision because my friend was following Tour de France via Switzerland, France etc and we decided to meet in Paris and come back home together.

So we found a flight, booked a hotel and started our journey with my girlfriend:

97761381.jpg

Here are our watches of choice for the trip:

68436489.jpg

43184623.jpg

We arrived at Beavuis airport - wow that was quite far away from the centre! Like 1.5 hour coach drive.

Then headed to out hotel that was really well situated at Rue d'Amsterdam - so everything was pretty close.

Next day we started walking around:

30238793.jpg

78120329.jpg

Here is yours truly next to Petite Palais:

41521209.jpg

First view on the Eiffel Tower:

16627266.jpg

Managed to find a beautiful building of American-French School:

24852898.jpg

Building next door had some cool door handles :)

59982390.jpg

Looks like we are getting closer:

10314988.jpg

And there it was:

32891281.jpg

Then we headed to Champs Elysees... here is a shot of Arc de Triomphe:

28648890.jpg

Had dinner... here is Ola's Pasha:

84451408.jpg

And my 112:

70677330.jpg

And that's how we spent the first day.

On sunday we also went to Champs Elysees to do some more shopping, here is Ola on our calm street:

84838267.jpg

And here is a not-so-calm and over crowded Champs Elysees waiting for bikers of Tour de France to arrive for grand finale!

68397305.jpg

Here is what we founbd in one of the streets around:

15397847.jpg

A beautiful SL 65 AMG Black Edition!!

80577069.jpg

Amazing car. Quite wider from what we have here :)

We just walked around:

26623183.jpg

Next day we visited La Defense, Ola wanted to see some buildings there as she is crazy about architecture:

17804084.jpg

60588369.jpg

I found these quite cool - like having your own house on top of a block of flats!

81326792.jpg

Later we went to see Louvre... the Pyramid looked great in the evening:

47722286.jpg

33879833.jpg

87600873.jpg

51169852.jpg

Eiffel Tower at night:

20135745.jpg

Next day we started with Centre Pompidou which unfortunately was closed... it turns out it is closed on tuesdays... we did not know earlier.

73714688.jpg

I just love such streets!

56935329.jpg

Notre-Dame:

32530320.jpg

And some daylight views from the Eiffel Tower:

85221383.jpg

64409550.jpg

A wristie:

42923064.jpg

THis one is a bit out of focus but I wanted to show you how beautiful it looked for 5 minutes each full hour - with millions of small light making it look like a christmas tree:

27938639.jpg

One last look at Champs Elysees:

82220368.jpg

And next day we were ready to go home:

36868215.jpg

Had a short encounter with this beast:

23114370.jpg

It ate us alive! Later we talked to owner it was an ABT tuned example with 700 hp!

We only had 420 at our disposal in this:

24436304.jpg

But still it was one fun ride home.

Hope I did not bore you with this report. I am sorry there are no pics from shop windows but most of the times I felt uncomfortable taking such pics and once when I asked because I wanted to share like 7 Vintage Daytonas in one window with you I was told it was not accepted. But the store owner with these cool watches was kind of an ass (I wanted to make a trade with him and it did not work as he wanted to be a wise-ass).

Anyway here is a bonus pic of a Paris Hublot boutique, they had some cool watches there during the day!

71816854.jpg

Thanks for taking your time to see it all.

Cheers!

Ahhh, Pareee et l'amour.....but what, no happy ending involving something carbon and sparkly? You know her in tears of joy, you in tears of despair thinking of your poor melted VISA card? :D

As usual Maciek, great stuff :thumbsupsmileyanim:

We should definitely make you the RWG Resident Travel Correspondent, you really have a way of bringing these trips to life for the reader. The missus helps too ;)

I'm only sorry that we passed like ships in the night 24 hrs apart in Barcelona last summer. Maybe next year eh.

Guest Sql_pl

Thanks for your kind words guys!

Yeah, Paris is something, for sure.

@doc, surely one of these days we will have a chance to have a drink or two, world is small :)

sql, your travel pictures are absolutely incredible. I commend you for a number of things; having a gf that 'gets' all the watch-involved pictures, and being comfortable enough to take pictures of your wrist in public..! (especially on the eiffel tower! ha!)

I feel like you really captured the 'spirit' of Paris in your pictures! I'm sure its some of our US and such's members dreams to travel to Paris..

Thanks for sharing! Id love to have a set of pics to post like this too! What kinda camera do you use?

@doc, surely one of these days we will have a chance to have a drink or two, world is small :)

I'm sure we will my friend.

You know, I know Paris like the back of my hand having spent a lot of time there both living/working part of the week last year and countless visits as a tourist - but as Pugs said, your pics still make me miss it. Shame you missed the Pompidou centre, next time you'll know.

Oh and I like the way you dodged my question about you know what ;):lol:

Guest Sql_pl

Haha, you know me and Ola both feel there is no need to rush with any commitments and some shiny carbon things do appear from time to time, just stay away from rings for now :)

I remember when we had our first six-months together celebrations and I figured I would get a matching set of diamond earrings and a ring... wow it was difficult to hand it and make it clear that "it is a ring but not THE RING as of yet" :):)

Now I just move around earrings/pendants etc area :)

But as we are on Carbon subject - did you get that 8800 Carbon Arte? I got mine like 2 months ago and really enjoy it! But still keep the old 8800 as it brings a lot of memories.

Haha, you know me and Ola both feel there is no need to rush with any commitments and some shiny carbon things do appear from time to time, just stay away from rings for now :)

But as we are on Carbon subject - did you get that 8800 Carbon Arte? I got mine like 2 months ago and really enjoy it! But still keep the old 8800 as it brings a lot of memories.

Ha ha, I was just teasing being Paris ;) Me too - that is off the agenda, I've said she can have diamonds but only if attached to a watch dial and/or bezel :D

As for the Carbon Arte, no I didn't mate - and to be honest I'm glad I didn't irrespective of price. My iPhone serves as my work phone and more than meets my needs elsewhere, and my 'old' classic 5 year old 8800 is still my personal phone, gorgeous as ever and the new 6X battery pretty much eradicating the old problem. In the end I just loved it too much to make it redundant by buying the Carbon. Instead I picked up the limited edition OEM Ti-look casing in case I ever feel the need to change the look slightly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...