When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Updated Safari Secs @ 12

pascal

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Updated version is out at Josh site:

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I have just spent the better part of my morning comparing these pics with pics of the GEN. Call me crazy, but I think it looks amazing. I also agree, this is a very common GEN out there and comparisons will be made, thus it must be as close to perfect as possible to the naked eye.

But, this looks very good. What is the deal with the numbers? Are they black on the rep and brown on the GEN?

And just how bad is this hornback?

Really considering getting this one.

Can anybody confirm whether the GEN has darkbrown or black numerals?

There seems to be A LOT of confusion about this.

If someone has seen the gen in person. Please chime in.

Go to www.thepurists.com and search for Safari, everything I read is black numerals, not brown.

Wow i can't believe I just noticed what jarpo has been referring to.

The new dial lacks steel frames for the numeral hour markers, subtle in the pics but believe me this is quite important when viewed in person, it makes the numbers on the dial pop.

Two steps forward one step back

What else is new, GZ?

Guess we'll have to wait for V3!

The numbers on the dial should be outlined in SS. Not the same color as the dial. A HUGE improvement though.

aproosafari9.jpg

jot9, sorry this was your observation earlier in this thread

is this a gen picture or a rep?

I was curious cause it looks like the hex bezel screws are sunk a little into the bezel

didn't know if that was the way it was supposed to be

Did anyone notice in wheaton26 pics that V1 has the outline in the same color as the number, and in V2 The outline has the color of the dial (making the numbers look a lot more thinner). Perhaps a possible mod is to paint the outline with silvery paint?

Too much effort and potential for destroying the dial IMO. I'd rather wait until the factories fix this glaring flaw. (listening Joshua?)

The v1 dial definitely has chromed numeral outlines.

Some of those comparision v1 v2 pictures were shot in low light and so the chromed outline is subtle on the v1, but it is totally absent on the v2

I agree with others, the chromed outlines are an important part of this dial. I'd rather have my v1 dial than the v2 dial in that case, especially since with sun exposure the v1 dial darkens up into a nice off white color. The only thing absent really is the contrasting dials, which should be silver-white and not complete white. In a sense the v1 dial starts of with the subdials being the correct silver white color but unfortunately covers the entire dial with silver white.