When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

some motherf$%

Star69

I wish this was in English .. I'd like to understand what they found. I see the brushed link sides, instead of polished .. I see the clasp screw is recessed instead of flush ... but I dont know what's wrong with the other red circles. Is the Lume supposed to be Gloss and this watch is Flat lume? I don't know.

...but I dont know what's wrong with the other red circles. Is the Lume supposed to be Gloss and this watch is Flat lume? I don't know.

The bezel markers are incorrect, the hands are the wrong shape, the serial and model ref between the lugs are wrong, the date font sucks and on and on and blah blah blah...

:)

I wish this was in English .. I'd like to understand what they found. I see the brushed link sides, instead of polished .. I see the clasp screw is recessed instead of flush ... but I dont know what's wrong with the other red circles. Is the Lume supposed to be Gloss and this watch is Flat lume? I don't know.

I am no expert but from what I gather. The lume on the min hand that was circled looks grainy instead of smooth. The "Original Gas Escape Valve" text looks too engraved and rough. The numbers on the bezel are either too thin or too fat, not sure which. The date window is the bevel on the window which has been discussed alot here. I am figuring the 11 o'clock lume marker just looks bad. Can't say what is wrong with the engraving between the lugs or the circled hour hand on the lume shot. Like I said I am in now way an expert but in researching the DSSD this is what I am figuring, if I am wrong hopefully someone will correct me so that I know what to look for in the future.

I wonder if a BK WM9v2 with a gen insert/pearl would pass muster from photos.

I thought that the new (forthcoming) WM9 watch is a DeepSea ... not a DSSD.

I see that WM9 has a DSSD listed under "future projects" but it's far down the list ... like 3 years down the list.

Thank you, mister Ubi.

:1a:

Example:

And this is what Rolex lume looks like under magnification:

Marker01.jpg

I'll try and get some shots of my own later today or tomorrow to put up. But that's essentially what the surface finish should look like...