When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Franken Tudor Submariner 9401

gavidoc

Wow, beautiful. any wants to get rid of their tudor, let me know.

Cheers

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If I ever have to sell my collection again, I know that the Tudor Subs will be the last items to go :victory: If you get the opportunity to pick one up, go for it :victory:

Yes I will def keep an eye. where did you get your case?

Cheers

It was a budget vintage 5512 Submariner from a seller on CQout, I think it was about £45 shipped :) Not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but good enough for my purposes :)

What do you think of phong's tudor? is it any good at all? it is a bit pricy isn't it?

I haven't seen it, so can't really comment. I probably wouldn't buy one myself, but that's just because I'm broke as a joe, and tight-fisted :lol:

Well I think for that price the watch should be pretty good. I might do it, still deciding. Do you have any pics of your tudor? I'd like to see if you don't mind sharing.

Cheers

Price is never a good estimate of quality ;) Not a problem, here's a couple of pics :)

DSCN3718.jpg

DSCN3616.jpg

I swapped it permanently to the Tropic-style strap a while back to make it my 'summer beater', and will be using the bracelet on another planned build :)

My point exactly. I really like the early dials with the rose. Hard to get one. I have movement to match, hands, but no case.

E

I know the dial you mean, I think I've seen them on Yuki's website. As for the case, that depends on your budget and preferences, but as above, I tend go with the cheapest option to get the job done :whistling:

I know the dial you mean, I think I've seen them on Yuki's website. As for the case, that depends on your budget and preferences, but as above, I tend go with the cheapest option to get the job done :whistling:

My philosophy is, if I don't have to spend the money, I won't. The Rose Sub dial is nice, and no issues with date. I think I will be using what I have for now and wait patiently for a nice Rose Dial. The Silix case does not look bad and without the actual measurements from an original case it will be hard to guess. I know the dial on the silix can be as small as 28mm, hopefully that is all I need.

E

My philosophy is, if I don't have to spend the money, I won't. The Rose Sub dial is nice, and no issues with date. I think I will be using what I have for now and wait patiently for a nice Rose Dial. The Silix case does not look bad and without the actual measurements from an original case it will be hard to guess. I know the dial on the silix can be as small as 28mm, hopefully that is all I need.

E

I'm down with that philosophy, I can't abide spending money if I can do the job myself :D I just found this Rose dial on eBay, but there's not a size listed :bangin:

• 2 months later...

Also..as to the rose dial, I think Jmb will be able to make them decal style sometime in the future.

I almost bought a rose dial with movement last month, but passed as I found out the 390 movement has parts issues.

There's a similar deal on VRF right now with an old snowflake dial/hands and Eta movement.