When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A trip down memory lane . . .

TJGladeRaider

Once upon a time, my Pal Josh sold watches he called the TW Bests. They were exceptionally nice pieces that aren't available anymore.

Then there was a guy called Lucky who was the source of the mysterious, but highly coveted MBW's. Some got lucky with him, but some did not.

Then there was a real low key kinda guy I got to know. Upon hearing about my unlucky experience with Lucky,it turned out that he was able to get the MBW's I was looking for. He got me a few [ahem].

Then there was a time when Josh let me know that a few GMT's had been made with real GMT 2893 movements . . . I bought them.

Then I got connected with Ziggy - one of those anal kind of guys who does art, when he says, how he says and the way he promises to do it. Off went a bunch of the MBWs, and what a fabulous set of them I have now. I know that there are those who like their vintage lume to look old, there are those who like their vintages to have character, and their are some characters out there like Nanuq who do unspeakable things to their vintages. I like mine to look new, and I wanna be able to hold up my arm in a movie theater front row, and let everyone see what time it is!

You cannot believe the work that guy does.

I haven't been active on here in quite some time, so perhaps the newer guys I don't know should get an idea what can happen to you here.

post-223-124961079729_thumb.jpg post-223-124961080723_thumb.jpg post-223-124961081598_thumb.jpg

post-223-124961082875_thumb.jpg post-223-124961084078_thumb.jpg post-223-124961101312_thumb.jpg

I am Bill B., and I am a repaholic.

Bill

Ahhhh, the salad days............good times.

I actually went to the gun safe today (why I keep them there I do not know) and pulled out an Eddie Lee TWB GMT MASTER-II today Bill, which hasn't seen the light of day in years and put it in the Mid-Week wrist thread. I swear I heard 'Burning Love', only for an instant, when I strapped it on. Weird.

Great thread, awesome collection.

Ahhhh, the salad days............good times.

I actually went to the gun safe today (why I keep them there I do not know) and pulled out an Eddie Lee TWB GMT MASTER-II today Bill, which hasn't seen the light of day in years and put it in the Mid-Week wrist thread. I swear I heard 'Burning Love', only for an instant, when I strapped it on. Weird.

Great thread, awesome collection.

It has been a lot of fun hasn't it.

For every knucklehead, you got to know some of the real gems on here. How many times have you known of guys to take some part somebody needed, ship it and pay shipping, just to help out? Some of these guys spend hours and hours sharing what they know and learn.

I suppose it's nuts to spend so much time and money on a hobby like this, but I have enjoyed it, and I guess that's what a hobby is supposed to be all about.

If I ever figured out what I've spent on watches and mods, I bet I could buy a bunch of gens. On the other hand, who has gen vintage DRSD, SRSD, Great White, Red Sub, White Sub, Comex, Milgauss . . . let alone a couple of each!

LOLLLLLLL

Bill

Once upon a time, my Pal Josh sold watches he called the TW Bests. They were exceptionally nice pieces that aren't available anymore.

Then there was a guy called Lucky who was the source of the mysterious, but highly coveted MBW's. Some got lucky with him, but some did not.

Then there was a real low key kinda guy I got to know. Upon hearing about my unlucky experience with Lucky,it turned out that he was able to get the MBW's I was looking for. He got me a few [ahem].

Then there was a time when Josh let me know that a few GMT's had been made with real GMT 2893 movements . . . I bought them.

Then I got connected with Ziggy - one of those anal kind of guys who does art, when he says, how he says and the way he promises to do it. Off went a bunch of the MBWs, and what a fabulous set of them I have now. I know that there are those who like their vintage lume to look old, there are those who like their vintages to have character, and their are some characters out there like Nanuq who do unspeakable things to their vintages. I like mine to look new, and I wanna be able to hold up my arm in a movie theater front row, and let everyone see what time it is!

You cannot believe the work that guy does.

I haven't been active on here in quite some time, so perhaps the newer guys I don't know should get an idea what can happen to you here.

post-223-124961079729_thumb.jpg post-223-124961080723_thumb.jpg post-223-124961081598_thumb.jpg

post-223-124961082875_thumb.jpg post-223-124961084078_thumb.jpg post-223-124961101312_thumb.jpg

I am Bill B., and I am a repaholic.

Bill

What an awesome collection :) Fantastic to see you back posting again :good: