When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Before there was DSN there was EL

StormTooper4

Lovely piece and brings back memories.

I remember ordering the 27A back in the day (most expensive rep at that time pre-Honpo's 187), and receiving the 28 by mistake. No problem, received a local forwarding address and my 27 a few days later. Both were equally gorgeous, I even had a Europelli Shell Cordovan with matching Luminova-coloured stitch ready and waiting for the 27, but in the end I just couldn't 'bond' with it.

No need for the sales/trade forums in those days as Eddie happily exchanged it for a 192 plus a credit (which I used on a 217 eventually), both of which I still love to this very day. He was just like that, if you got on with him, it was like a mate selling you something and wanting you to enjoy it. Very different to today's more commercial dealers.

Seems the quality and workmanship was a step up compared to what we have now. For example, cases, case backs, crown guards, you name it. When I see parts/watches from old timers it always gets me excited. I also miss the old timers even thought they were before my time.

that's a great looking watch you got there ... just got me a dsn pam111h a few days ago and it's a sweet piece alright

here's an urban replica-watch legend .... rumour has it that el and dsn are the same person *cue lighting and eerie music*

comments anyone? :D

WYF?!? Eddie Lee is just a guy from Singapore who lives in Canada selling medical equipment and reps top us on the side!

All of the Eddie Lee watches were from one fo two places Guangzou and Hong Kong -- he had NOTHING to do with the quality, he was just the salesman. ...and IMHO he sucked as a salesman. He sent me many dead watches and was a [censored] about it.

Those factories still make watches. IF you want one of those 1:1 cased reps, we can get them to make them. Minimum order 500 pieces.

EL was a great guy, at least in all the deals I had with him in the old days. What exactly happened later I am not too sure.

All my Swiss powered PAM's were from EL (the days when Swiss did really mean Swiss), and they are still running great today without any services. I must admit nowadays I am more reluntant to buy the PAM's because the superb old day quality has just simply gone. It is so hard to find a good one anymore which explains why in the sales forum "old school" models can always ask for good reselling values. DSN may be is the last resort for super PAM's but I have no experience yet.

Currently I am on the project of combining the EL/DSN 027 taking the DSN dial, hands and date wheel, using all the rest from EL's even if the case is quite badly scratched. Another pro of the EL case is that it is fitted with the JF CG and T's T48. Hope things will pop up together to give a more convincing 027.