When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6239 rep...

PaulVanDyk

unfortunately zig is not taking on new customers + i'd like to keep it under $1k so sourcing gen parts is kind of out of the question (not to mention that dial in pics is nowhere to be found)

That looks like a V72 (OEM movement for these Daytonas) rep of some sort, so probably very expensive. It's unlikely that would come in under $1k. More like 2.

Another option is the V23 or mystery movement rep. Cheaper, but the chrono hand at 6 will be stuck in place.

Spinmaster has been selling nice non-V72 (I think 7760 movements) reps in the sales section for around $650, iirc. I don't think these have the correct dial spacing or crown/pusher positioning, but they look good. You could try getting in touch with him.

That looks like a V72 (OEM movement for these Daytonas) rep of some sort, so probably very expensive. It's unlikely that would come in under $1k. More like 2.

Another option is the V23 or mystery movement rep. Cheaper, but the chrono hand at 6 will be stuck in place.

Spinmaster has been selling nice non-V72 (I think 7760 movements) reps in the sales section for around $650, iirc. I don't think these have the correct dial spacing or crown/pusher positioning, but they look good. You could try getting in touch with him.

Subdials are slightly off due to the nature of the "7760" movement.... but the crown/pushers positioning is correct - asymmetrical. :)

This is your best bet: Spinmaster 6239

Absolutely. :good:

Paul these watches take gen crystals as well. I put a gen crystal on mine and it really improves the look. You need to get one of the later model crystals with the beveled edge. The easiest thing would be to have Spinmaster put it on for you. The standard crystal is thinner than the gen. That means you will have to remove it and any glue that was used. Then you will probably have to sand the inside of the bezel so that it does not fit so tight. All said it is not too bad but it might be easier to let spin do it for you.

awwww man...i think im in love :wub:

great watch freddy333 :1a:

did you get yours from Spinmaster?

That is sweet!!!

What movement is in that pretty baby, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks to both. My watch, which came from Honpo (there are many threads about Honpo that you can find via the Search), is powered by an asymmetrically-pushered (automatic-wind) 7750 that I converted over to a (manual-wind) 7760 & then threw on a bunch of gen parts (crystal, crown/tube, bracelet, etc).

The problem with the 6239 is that there is no accurate case available on the market. If you use the DW 6263/6265 case, it is wrong. The cutting on the case for the pushers are supposed to be much smaller for the pump pushers whereas DW's are made for the screw pushers.

I did call up DW for the correct 6239 case but with no success since the factory feels that teh market is too small for this model.