When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

wallet recommendations?

ken fingerlove

• 1 month later...

I thought about getting a wallet again but I never use them when I get one. I typically just keep my cash all rolled up. The Paul Smith ones look kind of nice but I don't know how well a rep wallet would hold up being used all the time.

230394888_49810a3946.jpg

You've watched too many mobster movies...

I just received this wallet from Saddleback Leather Co. Excellent construction, lined with pigskin, thin,

no frills, just superior quality. Comes with a 100 year warranty, cost $45.00. What more could you ask for? :clap:

sback2-1.jpg

sback1.jpg

sback.jpg

Bergie's storefront here in this forum is for soft goods. All you folks pointing out other rep soft good web sites aren't aware we have an AWESOME merchant right here?

jchurch - nice Paul Smith .. I have seen it's picture in Bergie's storefront .. did you get it from him ?

My three favorite wallets are pretty pricey for what you're looking for, but they last much longer than others less expensive I've bought...

img2283resize.jpg

My favorite is my bifold LV natural leather, which has mistakenly been washed :black_eye: but now has a beautiful patina...

img2284resize.jpg

Next best for me is another LV in black Taiga:

img2286resizeh.jpg

Last, but really nice is the Gucci bifold in a beautiful dark green:

img2285resize.jpg

Oroton makes very good quality wallets and you might want to look here as well:

Saddleback Leather Company Wallets

• 1 month later...

I bought one that looked just like this while I was in HK a few years back. I liked it because it fit the oversize bills that Asia uses as currency. It has a great inlay of stingray with a sterling cross and sterling snaps. I will grab another one someday. The ones they sell online here are just too much money. I think I bought mine for $40-50 bucks.

d1d_2y.160145346.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't laugh but about two years ago I was with my wife in a Coach store because she has a couple of them and I mentioned I needed to replace my wallet and wouldn't you know it but they had mens stuff there too soI picked up a nice brown leather Coach wallet with matching money clip. Best thing is every year I replace it for free. I just did this for the second time. Gotta love those warranties!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had mine since 2004. Love it!

Old thread but I'll take a stab. If anyone knows where I could get a genuine elephant skin wallet or credit card wallet PM me. I've had mine for over 15 years and still going strong. I think they went on the endangered species list shortly after I bought mine. I returned the wallet because the stitching came undone (kicking myself for doing that). Something about having something no one else can get. :good: