When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK/MBW 16610

preacher62

Oh Great Ones...

I am contemplating purchasing an MBK/MBW 16610 case set from Chris at ET for $165. There are no pics and I can't even find that one exists in a Google search. Does anyone know of this watch...any pictures...links, etc. Is the Euromariner built on this case set? I understand that the MBK/MBW "old style" 5512 and 1680, etc. cases are great standards for franken mods but, seems like, I read somewhere to stay clear of the other MBW case stuff.

I would buy a WM9 case set from BK but he doesn't have any and is not sure when he will. $240 for the case, caseback, Kryswork crystal, bezel assembly (no bezel insert). Probably be worth the wait.

I have a Noobmariner that is good (dial, hands, movement, bracelet) except for the rehaut and the bezel. Does not have the distinctive Sub look. Looking for a good case to put the works and bracelet on. If anyone has one for sale, please let me know.

Advise here would be welcome.

Thanks,

MT

Edited by preacher62

FWIW, the Euromariner is an MBW/MBK case. It also has a noob dial and bracelet. Good rehaut, bezel assembly is a copy of the gen, just not that accurate. But a gen insert did snap in mine and then I glued it. You still have to trim the cg's, and a gen crown will screw into the case tube. For $165, it's not a bad deal, IMO.

FWIW, the Euromariner is an MBW/MBK case. It also has a noob dial and bracelet. Good rehaut, bezel assembly is a copy of the gen, just not that accurate. But a gen insert did snap in mine and then I glued it. You still have to trim the cg's, and a gen crown will screw into the case tube. For $165, it's not a bad deal, IMO.

I did not know those details.

Thanks, Alligoat!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks...haven't made a purchase, yet. I agree with the other poster, that the WM9 is better case set. Don't know how to get one though. They seem on permanent backorder from BK. I'd like to just put the ETA movement/Noob dial/hands in a case with a better bezel. Bracelet is pretty good, as well...with some chain wax inside.

Thanks to all!

MT