When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions on my Sub Aging

HEWLIO

I've always liked the look of my dads Gen Sub so much so i finally had the balls to age one of mine. His is a standard 80's Black SS Sub that has been beat to hell, and polish most likely 500 times. It has so many scratches in the band, it just has so much to say when you look at it. I went at it with some course sandpaper and polished it 3 times. Im going to use the buffer wheel until it looks like the Gen. So tell me what you guys think of my quick scuff job.

DSC03022.jpg

DSC03023.jpg

DSC03025.jpg

DSC03026.jpg

DSC03028.jpg

I think im going to try some finer paper too along with in the middle. The thing i dont think ill beable to get it is because all the polishings over the years the bracelet has seemed to loose sharpness on the edges of it. Ill keep working on it though.

Interesting point freddy on the aging.

I recently aged my 6263, i used coins and also a generous helping of dirt... it really added to the dirty look and made the scratches and gauges a bit more believable. I was extremely happy with it.

Dan

Do you happen to have any photo's?

I polished it on the buffer wheel and it perfect now. It took some scratches out but its still pretty scratched. I didn't realize how awesome the buffer wheel actually is. I think im going to do this to all my reps.

Awesome :) Have you put a few major dings into it as well? Once the wabi-sabi aesthetic gets you, you're hooked :lol:

The problem with attacking a rep with and sort of abrasive is that it looks to regular, try the coin method, of keep it in your pocket with your keys for a day or two.

Bear in mind your sub is a 2008 and you only want to a 2 years worth of aging!

The problem with attacking a rep with and sort of abrasive is that it looks to regular, try the coin method, of keep it in your pocket with your keys for a day or two.

Bear in mind your sub is a 2008 and you only want to a 2 years worth of aging!

Well i just got my dad a new sub cause he wanted one that he used to have again. Its only about a month old and he already scratched it to hell. Plus the buffing took alot of them out. I was thinking about putting some more in but i dont think i will. I tried the coin method and it dident really seem to work, maybe because it already had alot of scratches maybe not. But im happy with how it looks now. The buffer was the final touch